An Interview With Palit

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, May 28, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Recently, Vjeran Mandic had the opportunity to speak with David Makin, Palit Multimedia's Consumer Marketing Manager. The idea was to get a better idea of Palit, the hitherto little known manufacturer of graphics cards.

They may not be as well-known as ASUS or Gigabyte but they are certainly more than just another manufacturer of reference-design graphics cards. We also wanted to know what they are doing to put their products ahead of their competitors and of course, their plans for the future.

Here's a quote from the interview :-
    [​IMG]

Link : An Interview With Palit

2. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

adrian & dashken thanks it looks great

1 person likes this.
  3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

didn`t know they been in the industry since 1988 and only started to sell in the state late last year. they do admit their not the best but among the tops and caters to the to the majority of the buyer..
    i own 1 of their gc and i like their innovative stuffs and also their robo frog :D

4. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Nice interview Gen and nice to see David speak knowledgeably as he always does. Wonder if he ever found pics of that water cooler lol ;)

Nice article guys !! :thumb:

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Palit's been making their debut in Canada recently too. They seem to be pretty good with their aftermarket coolers.
    The only downside with Palit, as well as other manufacturers, is that they don't offer lifetime warranty on their graphics card like XFX and EVGA.

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Had an XpertVision 6800GT once. I don't think I've used it for more than 2 months and it went through 'RMA' (I was told, what they repaired, I've no idea) for 4-5 times in a year. In the end, it still display noises like a television without any broadcast...

Wasted RM1300 and it has since been sitting in the box beside my tv collecting layers of dust.

That time only XpertVision had 6800GT and almost all other brands ran out of 6800GT. I rushed my decision and made the wrong choice for not waiting. I had the spare cash and just wanted to spend it. Chai and Adrian should know, they did the RMA for me. :lol:

Never would I consider any cards from XpertVision ever again. Bite me! :p

7. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

interesting, i never knew palit make motherboards..

8. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

ROTFL!! It's a user problem because if I remember correctly, Chai had no problem running it. :haha: :haha:

9. Adrian Wong

Yeah, me neither.

10. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

That's not even funny.

11. Adrian Wong

LOL! Okay, okay, don't get angry. :haha:

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I didn't test it because I did not have any AGP system lying around.

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

See...? :snooty:

I'm quite sure the RMA didn't even take place. Kept it at the support site, then gave it back when Chai asked for it. KNN... :haha:

That's my stupidest purchase... :shifty:

Buy the better card but cannot use... :cry:

14. Adrian Wong

That's a VERY possible scenario. I experienced such a scenario more than a few times in the past. :wall: :wall: