HTC Touch Diamond

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by Chai, May 15, 2008.

1. miahman

miahman Newbie

its better to wish for the whole business to go bust. thats what i do as well. it feels better than actually blaming at a group of ppl

2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

lol never generalize when it comes to problems. It never fixes anything.

HTC is a big fish, it just has some issues to take care of.

For this one however, I will wait for one of the US carriers to have it and then go get it through them.

3. miahman

miahman Newbie

true but sometimes they get you so angry that you need to direct it towards someone. and since businesses have their own legal identity, i blame the business instead of the management. lol

4. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

That's misguided hatred right there. ;)

If everyone acted purely on emotions, then the world would truly be a scary place.

I hope T-Mobile gets this over here so I can go check it out... :mrgreen:

5. miahman

miahman Newbie

lol maybe true

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Go ahead and own one, then you will understand. :p TyTN 2 is still one of their highest end model, and still no drivers for 2D acceleration. They released a crappy WM6.1 which is worse than most modified ROMs. And no WM6.1 for many recently released models like Touch, Touch Dual or Touch Cruise if I'm not mistaken. Talk about great support. :lol:

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I've had an XDA II and XDAIIs in the past (both HTCs).

I know how they are (dealt with support for both of them).

:mrgreen:

8. wiiz

wiiz Just Started

how important is after sales service, in HTC case?.... and how bad is their after sales service?

9. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Maxis 3G performance SUCKS. problem is blardy lousy coverage. Might as well NOT have the service. But when it's working, it's pretty ok. Speeds only at 100-200kbps most of the time. Even if phone says HSDPA is available (like in Penang) it's just regular 3G speeds.:wall: From what I know, Celcom is the best when it comes to 3G connectivity.

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Too bad I cannot turn it off. The 3G reception is just terrible. Mostly 1-2 bars. Sometimes even no reception! :wall: :wall:

Good thing that up on the 11th and 12th floors, there's no 3G reception! :dance: :dance:

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Quite bad. After sales service is not just about the local service when you are having phone problem, but the ROM upgrades as well.

12. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

In this case.. you need to ring up the service provider said that you stay higher than 5 floor.. then they know wat to do...

It seem weird how come 3G coverage only up to 5th floor...dun they just active them so it can cover higher level..

Take a try.. this is what i did at my house wireless broadband :thumb:

13. Adrian Wong

Actually, I do NOT want their crappy 3G service. I'm quite happy with standard GSM. I do not even use 3G. I just need proper reception. :mrgreen:

14. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

haha.. ok good choice.. the 3g always low signal n not able to connect also :faint:

15. Adrian Wong

Sigh.. That's the thing. No matter whether it's GSM or 3G or whatever G, the most important thing is a good signal. No point having all kinds of fancy features if you cannot even call out or send an SMS. :haha: :haha:

16. elton

elton WhAtSuPdOc

You got the point.. coz malaysia every time do thing is like implement first consider later...