Recommandation on a new Graphic Card

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Lacus, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

LOL..Just sold my beast..Put it up for sale and it was sold within few hours of posting it :roll: Btw any idea on what gpu i should get? Not really into gaming lately..seems no fun games to play atm..So was thinking either the 9600gso or maybe the 3850 series? Recommendation are welcome :p

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

For the price difference why not just get a 9600GT DDR3 512 ?

The HD3850 will not perform as well as either of the 9600 cards mentioned ...

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Just get something cheap since you are not playing any PC games. Don't waste your money.

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, the 9600gso is kinda cheap over here...hmm, kinda hard to decide..might even go for a 3650 or anything that has a passive cooling :/

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Yep, if you aren't going to game a lot, the HD3650 should be good enough at medium resolutions :)

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

might be more on FULL HD videos...sigh..so headache thinking of this..why the heck did they make so many GPU for us consumer to choose :haha:

7. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

if you can w8 for some time (for new gpu to come /prices would go down on older series) if not take 9600gso

8. miahman

miahman Newbie

the HD3650 is cheap. but i'd say its better buying a graphics which does more than what you need. just to be on the safe side - you never know, you might wanna play games again XD

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

All I know is June 18 is the release date for HD4850 here..hehe..but the price..kinda expensive...

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, if you don't game, even onboard graphics are good enough. Even if you want HD decoding, just get the cheapest card that can do that.

11. Mac Daddy

I was going to mention that as well. My other machine I use onboard graphics and audio ... fine for movies ...

12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

woah.. not used to igp.. maybe settling 4 gigabyte 3870 o.o!

13. Mac Daddy

:mrgreen:

14. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Lol, was playing warcraft III..everything looks slow =.=

15. acedriver

acedriver Just Started

HD3650, i'm using it for hd decoding..

16. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

lol..well,might settle for a 3870..just message my fav seller to see if he has stock for me or not :D..Will get the info tomorrow..Thanks again for helping me :D

17. Steve2605

Steve2605 Newbie

hi there - I had a 7600gs 512meg 128it card and just sold it yesterday - I was thinking of buying the 8600GT 512meg 128bit but after reading the reviews on the 8600GT was was totally shocked - they don't talk well about the card - now I don't know what to buy - do you maybe know alot about cards?

18. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

4850. :mrgreen:

19. Mac Daddy

20. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I need I need also .. anyone willing to trade .. muahahahha..