Samsung SP4002H Breather Holes @Mike Gas

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Mac Daddy, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Can anyone see a breather hole on this thing posting it up here to see if Mike or anyone else has an idea :think:

Red circles are screws, Blue are studs for the PCB and green are open holes right through the case ... you can see the brown power connector through one.

Attached Files:

2. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

bro it can be under "Warenty void if removed"
    anyway that disk i pretty large it could be also on a side (like on old maxtors) or in front of disk like on ibm left side on pic
    but i dont see it on your hdd

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  3. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I am not too familiar with Samsung drive.. hmm .. didnt see any breather hole on the photo, but do make sure that the connector from the drive still properly connected to PCB. may want to try to power it up 1st before dunking.. meanwhile, i'll try to search around the net for any breather hole location on this drive..

4. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

No dont remove that sticker. That one is to access for servo write during initial manufacturing process. Not breather hole.

5. generalRage1982hrv

if you say so hehehehehhehe

6. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

nope.. funny.. i dont see it too.. maybe it hidden inbetween ?

7. Mac Daddy

Yep will do Mike on the connector formatted it with Vista Ultimate 32 bit last night will test it again before dunking it.

Gen checked the sides as well solid casing :think:

Will seal that access under the warranty sticker back up good as well its a 2002 drive so I think warranty is over anyway :D

Thanks for the feedback guys it should have one ....

8. generalRage1982hrv

well if there is no holl make one with a drill heheheh (joke)
    anyway watch out bro if oil goes inside it will make a mess (it could brake hdds hands(arms) )

9. Mac Daddy

Yep will do that Bro and on drilling the hole you mean I wasn't supposed to do that :haha: :haha:

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

what are those jelly like thingie on the hdd?

11. Mac Daddy

Silicon to seal the connector and other areas from leaking ;)

12. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Funny.. i saw some of the newer samsung drive, breather hole is on top cover. I just hope for this model they dun use screw hole cum breather hole ...

13. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

happpy dunking :)

14. Mac Daddy

Not sure man but I went over this again this morning didn't see anything :think:

15. Mac Daddy

We are on a hiatus on this until we can confirm if this drive has a breather hole or not. I have read some Samsung drives are sealed :think:

I just wanna duck this thing :thumb:

16. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

hoo yeah .. even simpler experiment .. this is for kicks.. :haha:

17. Mac Daddy

Well this drive is being retired after this I think the some of bad sectors are in the boot sector.

Will run a few tests for recording this and try it out tonight after work or tomorrow what the heck :mrgreen: