Mass Effect PC Game

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dashken, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

2. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

It does look good doesn't it might have to check it out :)

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO! "...and many more." HAHAHAHAHAA! :haha:

Mass Effect is awesome. I played it on the Xbox 360. I think its the first of 3.

You guys should DEFINITELY check it out.

4. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

playing it on pc
    it is great i recomend that one
    **** it is good

5. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

PC? I thought Mass Effect was a console game only.
    Looks pretty good, but I'm not too found with the over-the-shoulder camera view.

The system requirements don't look too bad either. I hope there's a demo somewhere

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It was console only. Then EA bought the stuiod that made it (Bioware I think) and became the publisher for the PC version (MS was the initial publisher and wanted to make it Xbox 360 exclusive).

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Hmm is this the game which got banned in Singapore due to their Lesbian Advertisment :p I wonder is the game worth playing :haha:

8. Mac Daddy

Psyk is right from the first link Dashken posted :)

9. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

I read the wiki Dashken posted earlier. This will be another title added into "Must Try List". Btw, the battle system reminds me of Ghost Recon:Advance Warfighter series, which I haven't have a chance to try it yet. Can anyone confirm this?.

Currently my hand full with Supreme Commander now :D Supreme Commander : Forged Alliance have not tried it out yet XD

10. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

nah this game is much better than ghost recon (nothing like ghost recon)
    it is a rpg game lol you can talk almost with anyone and you can upgrade your character
    ghost recon haves full control of it crew here you can only ad some basic things like character upgrade, weppons and talk lol (like in a fallout)

11. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Just bought last night. Will install tonight. :mrgreen:

Btw, Euro 2008 from EA Games sux0r!

12. zicovsky

zicovsky Newbie

i recommend EVERYONE play this game, it's a work of art and it's addicting as hell.

i finished it in one weekend, 27 hours of gameplay. but you can stretch it to 35 or even more.

13. Mac Daddy

Installing it tonight :D

14. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

Just tested out last night. I must say, this game is impressive. The graphics and gameplay are marvelous. It worth keeping it as a collection.

My feel for this game is like Fallout Tactics + TPS. Gameplay is very similar with fallout style and as battle system is simply amazing(quite realistic as well). The Dialogue system in Mass Effect also one of the unique features in the game. If you actually spend some time talking to every engageable NPCs, you'll find a lot of interesting story and the thinking of each individual character. Even though I just started only a few hours, I really looking forward to play more when I'm not tie down with work.

My overall rating for this game, I would say 9.5 out of 10. I really hope Fallout 3 can beat this game though to keep their legend as the best PC's RPG.

Next game looking forward to try it out is.....SupCom : Forged Alliance, The Witcher

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Wow.. That good? I must try it out! :thumb:

16. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Totally agreed. I use 4xAA (forced by nHancer) and it looks great :mrgreen:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  17. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

Mass Effect Known Issue/Bug

Ok here I am again. After playing several hours last week end. I notice there is "save" issue on PC Version of Mass Effect. After reading Bioware forum, I glad that I'm not the only one who face this problem.

Description of the Issue:
    After a long hours of play through, I finally would like save the game and to call it a day. However, to my suprise that the save option was grey out in the menu. Quicksave is not working as well as the system indicating failure in saving the game.

Cause of the Problem :
    After reading the long posts in the Bioware support forum, they have determine that the cause of the problem is due to inflexible coded program for the save system.

From what I understand is the save system of the Mass Effect located it save file in My Document in Windows. For user who install their Mass Effect in C drive (default), they will not face this problem, but for those who install it in different drive, they have a very high chance of facing this issue.

After some experts investiagtion, they concluded that the issue lies on the application coding whereby the Application is coded in a way that the save must in the same drive as the application itself. If either one of the folder is in a differnt drive, the chance of user getting this save issue is increase as well.

Therefore, to fellow Mass Effect players, please take note of it before regreting for not being able to save after a long hour of play. For me, I'll be waiting Bioware to come out with a patch to fixed this issue before i continue my game.

P.S: Unreal Tournament 3 also have this issue before for playing offline but their latest patch 1.1 has fixed this problem and now player can save their play even though they did not create an account.

P.S 2: There's a temporary walkaround solution for those who face this problem in Bioware forum. Please go visit the Bioware support forum for more detail step by step guide.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  18. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I always install my games on a different drive, so I guess i'm one of the lucky ones. But wouldn't making the savegame folder in that drive solve it?

19. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

From what i read in the forum, that is part of the step as well but before that, there's some other step need to be taken before this. I wont mind to wait for the patch for now since I got plenty of games to try out. I still fot SupCom: Fored Alliance and The Witcher left untouch yet. Currently kinda addicted to PS2 Shinning Force EXA

20. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Holy shit, I just finished Mass Effect, that was epic.

Took me 20 hours on normal, the boss was pretty easy, but I was pretty well equipped too so. Will probably start a new career later and play it on hardcore :D What was annoying though, was the overheat bug, when I was fighting the boss my weapons overheated and never cooled down, so I hadd to restart from the last save to fix it :(

Does anyone know or you can actually continue the game (do the side quests) after the ending? There weren't any automatic saves and I just pressed escape when the credits started to roll.