Nvidia PhysX Driver 8.06.12 on 177.39 Forceware

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Mac Daddy, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

My buddy Chaos sent me this info earlier today and thought I would share it here. We have both noticed about a 1k improvement on Vantage using this :D

1) DL the 177.39 Forceware driver for you version of windows and the PhysX 8.0612 driver.
    2) Uncompress the 177.39 driver and copy the attached .inf file into the unrared installation dir.
    3) Install the 177.39 drivers and then the PhysX Drivers
    4) Reboot and enjoy

DL Link:
    Nvidia Forceware 177.39 + PhysX driver mirror for [H] - [H]ard|Forum

:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

bro this disp is only for x64 vista

here is a small edited disp by me for windows vista x32

Attached Files:

3. Mac Daddy

Cool Chaos sent me the edited version for X64 here is my Vantage score on X64 :mrgreen:

ORB - World of Performance

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Any games actually take advantage of these drivers? Just UT3?

5. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

ghost recon, nfs , ....... (nvidia have buyd physx so it will use their drivers and support for games)
    and it works on g80
    it less stress cpu so cpu score is much higher

Last edited: Jun 22, 2008
  6. Mac Daddy

Two maps are unlocked on UT3 on others I haven't had time myself but will ask Chaos if hes tried others :D

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Actually, we posted about the NVIDIA PhysX already - Tech ARP - ED#95 : NVIDIA Launches PhysX!

As for the games that support PhysX, there are quite a few of them but currently ONLY Unreal Tournament 3 (some levels) and 3DMark Vantage support GPU acceleration of PhysX. In the other PhysX-supported games, it will just use the CPU, not the GPU.

8. TotalChaos

TotalChaos Newbie

Only tried UT3 here and the levels are playable but oddly enough the debris created for the physics is more of a distraction in my opinion

9. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

I downloaded & installed the phyX driver, but besides the demo that came along with the driver, what games takes advantage of it??

10. Adrian Wong

Well, like I mentioned above... only 3DMark Vantage and three special levels in UT3.

11. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

I can't wait for the release of phsyx for geforce 9600GT :D

12. Adrian Wong

It's gonna be over the next few weeks. No worries though. Not much support for GPU acceleration of PhysX yet. Only UT3 and 3DMark Vantage, and you can't play 3DMark Vantage. :D

13. Mac Daddy

Using the attached inf tested and working fine on a Gainward Bliss 9600GT 512 using Vista Ultimate X64. I think the one Gen included will also work with 32 bit Vista.

If you are uncomfortable with the modded inf files you can wait for the official release :)

14. Chai

That modified inf is only for the Forceware, isn't it?

15. Mac Daddy

Yes

16. Chai

I'm not sure how this Physx works. Do you need to install PhysX separately to get the acceleration, or it will be included in the Forceware?

17. Mac Daddy

On the link in my first post you will see 4 Forceware drivers and also the PhysX driver below them. You install the Forceware driver then the PhysiX driver :)

18. Adrian Wong

You need the new 177.39 ForceWare driver PLUS the PhysX driver. Then only can applications that support GPU acceleration of PhysX run their physics calculations on the GPU itself.

19. Chai

A lot of hassle for minimal effect.

20. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Even if i wanted to test, my 7 days old Silverstone ST56F is dead and there are currently no stock :( Plus my Gainward 9600GT is exhibiting some random strange problem which means I might need to RMA it :( x 2