Tech ARP April ’08 Motherboard Giveaway Contest

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Dashken, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Seriously, what's the reason for being an AMD fan?

2. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

what is a point of being a fan/fanatic of anything?

3. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Being ignorant/blind is much easier than being unbiased and objective. That's why fanatics/fans are everywhere. On the other hand mild admiration/support is harmless.

4. generalRage1982hrv

hehehehehe true Unix
    and welcome
    how is going

5. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Thanks, good to see you too.

6. generalRage1982hrv

nice to have you here
    well i can say i missed your comments ahahahahahha

7. Chai

Well at least being a fan of your favourite sports club makes more sense, because if you don't support anyone, it will be really boring.

But supporting AMD? Pay them more even for crappy products? :shifty: I don't get it.

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Look at your post for redundancy :shifty:

Sports or technology will it be any less boring if we have a preference ? ;)

9. Chai

I don't know how you watch sports without supporting anyone or team. I tried, but I switched off not long after...

10. Mac Daddy

After the Bruins are out of the playoffs I kinda sit back and chill. On ATI/AMD I have a reason to be a fan but I love my new NV card ;)

11. Chai

I used to be anti-Nvidia because they killed 3dfx.

But I finally bought 8800GTS in the end... :haha: There's really no point being a fan. Just buy the best stuffs for your money.

12. Mac Daddy

Ya I haven't owned an NV card since 2003 after Chris Hook gave me a 9800 as a gift. But this card I like for the 120 - 200CAD price range :D

13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Ah, no point arguing about these Intel vs AMD, or nVidia vs AMD stuff... :D

I enjoyed both of them! :D

14. miahman

miahman Newbie

i'm only fan of final fantasy. i play no matter how much i swear and hate wasting money.

other than that, i change products depending which can give me cheaper or better quality XD

15. generalRage1982hrv

hmmmmm question
    if you like something are you a fan of it :confused:
    ok i like starcraft, fallout serial LOL
    any way dose that makes me a fan :confused:
    i dont think so
    fans/fanatics :nuts: lives their own world when they dreams that they are that character they adore or even more hmmmm stupid things
    well fans of intel/amd and others should put a tatto on ther head with initial of their firm they like LOL
    LIKE : "powerd by intel/amd" :nuts:
    so we normal people would know who to avoid :rolleyes:

16. miahman

miahman Newbie

i think thats a bit extreme.

saying fans liv ein their own world.
    i'm a fan of FF cos thats what got me into RPG and pokemon cos i'm a card collector. that doesn't mean i live inside the cards, or i want to be played by other people.

fans i think are people with some sort of layalty to a product/brand for a particualr reason. thats about it, it doesn't mean they imagine weird stuff and live in their own worlds.

17. generalRage1982hrv

mostly they do
    well
    do you talk with other people about stuff you are fan off ?
    yes, mostly, right?
    when you talk to someone about your FF and pokemon cards every day they looks you strange ? right?
    after some time you dont know what can you tallk with other people
    that is fanaticism and living its own world
    when you get older you will understand what am i trying to say

most fans are not married or they even dident get laid in their life's
    question why? think about it

one more thing do you carry Pokemon cards everywhere? or do you have pikachu(or something) back pack or anything like that
    if you are carrying stuff like that everywhere what do you think why are girls avoiding you ?

18. miahman

miahman Newbie

woah mate, i said i was a fan. but i didn't say i was insane. your generalising from those mad fans to every other normal fan.

i do talk about FF to loads people mostly cos they wanna play or they're looking for someone to confirm its worth playing. and like i said i'm a fan but it doesn't mean we have to like everything.

and besides man, its not like 'normal' fans dont hav anything else to tlak about. i do talk about other stuff other than FF. pokemon - when i talk about that i mostly speak of with it yugioh wen we just wanna swear. we swear at how new is a let down to the old versions.
    but people still knows me is a collector. it dont make me weird.

stop generalising you idiot, thats not a cool thing to do. cos most of the people hav something they're fans about (most guys its cars - i like that too) but it doesnt mean everyone is a wack job total idiot who cant get laid.

maybe they dont get laid cos they're not super horny, and dont believe in just meaningless sex.

19. generalRage1982hrv

sorry if you get insulted i was not talking just about you
    was talking about all fans
    well to me that thing is really strange
    maybe because i cant understand stuff like that
    why dose people do stuff like that
    i like stuff but i am not a fan of anything
    i can live without stuff that i like
    people who cant live without stuff they LIKE/LOVE? they are real FANS
    if you can live without them you are not a fan/fanatic you are just a normal guy
    one more thing
    i am crazy but i am not a idiot
    so please no insulting like that (i have never seen a idiot who understand few languages and who can even know how to write)

this things i dont understand
    to like/love something ok but to overreact like this i dont understand

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  20. Mac Daddy

Well this is an interesting debate and I am a fan of some things but not a "groupie" persay on just one thing :think:

Lets try and get back on topic Gen you are my brother and miahman I think your pretty cool too.

So what types of O/C's are the winners getting with these new mobo's :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.