Howto Guide: Overclocking C2D/C2Q Processors (v1.6)

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by graysky, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

One thing about VTT: Like GTL voltage, it has no effect whatsoever on dual cores from my experience on E8400 and E6850. AFAIK, it's only useful when you are aiming for really high FSB in 550~600 range or above.

2. graysky

graysky ARP Reviewer

Version 1.6.1 is up. Totally re-wrote the section on memory which now includes a discussion on both DDR2/DDR3 and formulas you can use to calculate max supported FSB of a given module based on it's DDRX-Y and PCX-Y designations. Also re-ordered the first part of the guide.

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Don't mind if i ask, is overclocking all intel processor is the same? As in even with the low end Celerons Dual Core?

4. graysky

graysky ARP Reviewer

Yeah, the processes is the same. It's all a function of the right amount of vcores assuming cooling isn't your limiting factor. What's your chip and how successful or unsuccessful have you been?

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

None atm :(..Thinking of getting a E1200 if i manage to win 1 of the moboes >.>

6. graysky

graysky ARP Reviewer

Edited on 08-Jun-2008: Guide is now version 1.7 – added a 2nd example minimizing the vcores on my system.

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

ok, got myself a E1200 already =D...Hmm, for some reason, i can't get it stable (stressing wise) on 3.2Ghz. But for gaming and normal usage...i don't seem to get any problem.

8. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

If you have Everest run the stress test it will tell you which component or area is failing. CPU, L2 cache, HD, etc. Thats how I found out the L2 cache on my E6550 was limiting my O/C not heat.

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

really?hmmm shall try later..

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

How's the temperature?

11. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

idle,39c-41c, load around 54c-56c. thats for 3.0Ghz..So far stable, orthos it for 17 hours :D...

12. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Nice ;)

13. iModAMD

iModAMD Newbie

This is good results in comparison of old processors :thumb: