Diablo 3 To Keep Its Colors

Discussion in 'News' started by generalRage1982hrv, Aug 5, 2008.

1. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

lol it is too shiny
    well if i remember corectly diablo serial was much darker than this one
    it looks more like "the Titan Quest "

[​IMG]

2. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

I'm a big fan of dark, dirty, filthy, gothic style themed games. Wilson's excuse is bull. I don't recall having problems targetting enemies in diablo2. Besides even if it did that would be part of the challenge, you're not supposed to see everything bright and clear in a GD dungeon.

3. generalRage1982hrv

how i recall on story that darkness came when diablo came on earth with his minions

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Maybe it's like this back in Blizzard:

"It's way too expensive to redo the art. It's way too time consuming to redo the art. To release the game ASAP, we can't afford to redo the art." :mrgreen:

5. generalRage1982hrv

yeah to lower down lightning is much to expensiv
    it is few hours of work per map pack

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  6. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

when Titan Quest was released, many reviewers said that it looked like how Diablo 3 would look if it was released the same time. the cave fighting scenes are pretty nice and dark though

7. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Titan quest was an ok(ish) ARPG but issues with multiplayer, repetetiveness and the game engine prevented it from having the success that it should have. The biggest mistake with titan quest was the lack of any randomly generated areas whatsoever. The best method is to blend hand crafted scenes with advanced randomly generated landscapes.