What are you playing right now?

Discussion in 'Games' started by SAFETY, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

If you liked the atmosphere fallout you can't not like stalker which has a very similar feel IMO. No probs if you didn't really like it, just find it rather weird that you'd state such a thing. I personally thought it was an excellent game and was left wanting more when I finished it.

2. Yukirin

Yukirin Newbie

STALKER :think: I've yet to tried it but I hope it's not similar to The Witcher. I've tried The Witcher, nice graphics(very shinny and beautiful scenery) , sexy women but that game just not my cup of tea even though it's a RPG.

Btw, if you guys into ARPG, like DMC, you might want to get Chaos Legion PC Version, gameplay just plain amazing even though is kinda old release back when PS2 just started not long ago.

For now, I just can't seems to get my hand off my PSP. Been playing FFVII:Crisis Core and Super Robot War A and MX Portable for hours when I'm at home. But when Fallout 3 comes out, *Ahem* Time to test it and play in my PC and let my PSP a few day vacation before continue.

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Well I love the openness to it. But I just felt that somethings were a little vague. I think the story could have been done better. Borderline incoherent for me. I was scratching my head for quite a while in the beginning. It was like, hmmm. Now what? The flow and delivery of the story is really my only gripe (but a big one). That and the bugs. haha!

Though I will concede, the action is pretty awesome. :thumb:

I was eagerly waiting for it to come out (the many years since it was announced and some doubt shadowed over it, etc). I'm sure I'll get around to digging it out one of these days.

I guess I was expecting it be more Oblivion with guns (which is what Fallout 3 promises to be).

As for the Witcher, it was kinda interesting. I liked the story. Just lack of equipment and banging everything that walks gets dull fast (at least if it is virtual LOL jking). So kinda put that down as well.

4. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

I guess that's why clear sky is a prequel and not a sequel. Giving more depth to the story, although to be fair the story only gets properly revealed as you near the end. Being thrown in to the fray with no clue about who you are and why you're there is something I like in a game. That plus the fact that the ending of stalker pretty much eliminates the possibility of any sequels. I'm a big fallout2 fan and I'm worried fallout3 will be dumbed down for console (no offense) gamers.

5. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

HAHA!

I doubt it. PC is my preferred platform (though I have all current consoles as well) and since Fallout 3 is coming to PC as well, it should be just fine for us. :mrgreen:

I really will relook into STALKER one day. I love figuring out what to do too but STALKER was more vague then Morrowind. But I guess I will still play it again one of these days (currently uninstalled but I have the saves, etc).

6. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

If you ever go back to stalker be sure to download and install the Oblivion Lost mod (plus any patches). This mod greatly improves the AI, makes weapons sound and fire more realistic, improves the day/night lighting effects and much more. I'm currently replaying the game on hell difficulty and it's almost like a new game, some say the way it should have been...

7. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy Pickin' Da Gitfiddle

Still playing Mass Effect here when I get time but hear rumours GTA4 is coming out on PC :dance:

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Yes~ Finally playing Fatal Frame II on ps2 XD....

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Playing Dynasty Warriors 6 and I picked up Assasin's Creed (but still have yet to get to it).

10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Finally I'm playing GTA4!

11. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Star Fox.:lol:

12. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

I finished AC ages ago. A bit repetitive and console flavored but overall a great game.

Hey I was looking at grabbing Dynasty Warriors, is it good?

13. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, it depends..If you like hack and slash game then go for it :p..I play the game for the chicks :haha:

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I really love Dynasty Warriors 6. I had 4 for the PS2.

It is not completely hack and slash button mashing per se. You actually have to strategize a bit on maps. Where to attack, where to split up and go to. But the amounts of people you kill is awesome! Most I ever got was like 1200 kills (they call it KO though) in one map. :shock:

You have powers and stats that you get when you level up (so kinda pseudo hack and slash, meets RTS meets RPG). You can unlock more characters and there are 4 'clans' each with multiple characters with differing story lines. :faint:

15. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

swt...I max out my chick character in Musou Orochi :haha: all 3 of them level 99 = =

16. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Great do they come with a scream of pwn attack move?

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

A wide variety of pwnage. Renbu meter affect chaining up hits (start with 2, can upgrade to 3 and infinite - endlessly sweeping through enemies). Mosou meter affects the power attack. Each character has special abilities and a lot of characters uses a variety of weapons (though the characters stick to them). But you can pick up better weapons in game. :D

18. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Right, I'm getting it. It had better last me at least one week.

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  20. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

Lol looks like a clickfest, might pull out my old logitech mousman to avoid damaging my mx518 :D.