AZTECH DSL600ER + AZTECH WL830RT4, Cannot Connect Wireless to the NET

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by syedfadzil, Aug 21, 2008.

1. syedfadzil

syedfadzil Newbie

Broadband provider
    ISP/package: STREAMYX
    Have you called your ISP's helpline?: YES!.... HOPELESS.. NOTHING. I have more faith in this forum

Personal equipment
    Modem: AZTECH DSL600ER
    Router: AZTECH WL830RT4 (Just recently purchased for home wireless)
    Firewall used: Windows Defender

Problem description:

Managed to get detect WIRELESS Network on my Notebook (DELL), but cannot connect to the NET (via Firefox - Page Load Error).

It's OK if connect directly via MODEL DSL Ethernet Cable port. I have surfed this forum for more than 5 HOURS looking for solution, but NO SUCCESS.

If there is such solution available, just paste me its URL.

Really appreciate all the help

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

You need to configure your wireless router for internet access. Have you configure that already?

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hey, from klang here..maybe can assist you even further XD...TechARP help network :haha:

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

2 routers. that explains it.
    how are they connected?

if i'm not wrong, the DSL modem does not come with WAN port.
    if so, you have to disable the DHCP on the wireless router.
    connect both wireless wouter & DSL modem using the LAN port.
    do not connect using the WAN port of the wireless router.

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Err, 1st one is a modem right o_O. anyway if you need any more assistance do pm me then :)

6. zy

yes, it those built-in switch kind of router modem.

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

I'm using the same type of modem too (different model) maybe the ethernet cable not connect properly?modem's ethernet should b connect to lan of the wireless router while the wireless router should have 1 ethernet connected to the main pc :D

8. fazili74

fazili74 Newbie

Hi, i,m still not understand about the connection, please help me cause i also got a same problem, cannot access the internet thru router.

Basically i need to connect the cable from modem ethernet to router lan and connect cable from router ethernet to pc.

For modem i'm using Aztech 605E (modem /router) - Already done the bridge mode.
    For router i'm using Linksys WRT5G. - Using PPPOE and put the username and pasword

Until today i still not resolve the problem.

For your info, i can connect to internet via modem only not via router.

Other info, when i connected the cable from ethernet to lan port at the router , no light observed at the modem. It is showed my router is not working.

9. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

[​IMG]

Connect your modem/internet to the WAN

10. fazili74

fazili74 Newbie

Dear Mike. Luckily you put the the picture.

Actually what i mean is router lan is wan port and router ethernet is router lan. Sorry for confusing. So i already put the right cable to the right port but the i still cannot access the internet.

Other info, when i connected the cable from modem ethernet to wan port at the router , no light observed at the modem. Is it showed my router is not working ? or it normal when you used router.

Appreciate your help

11. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Modem and router ip address different?

12. fazili74

fazili74 Newbie

Dear Mike,

Yes, the router and modem have different address

Modem - 192.168.1.1
    Router - 192.168.1.2

13. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

If you could go into the modem config page on your explorer to see status of the router if this IP is detected and connected?

14. fazili74

fazili74 Newbie

Dear Mike.

How to do that, appreciate your help

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

That's odd. It looks like you set up your modem and router the wrong way.

IMHO, you should disable the modem's built-in DHCP server so that the router does that instead.

The router's IP address should be 192.168.1.1 and you should not be able to access the modem directly. You should also set the modem to run in bridge mode.

16. zy

i'm using 605E at home. recently configured.

make sure you do a hard reset on the modem.

press the small little tiny hole which says reset for couple of seconds till you see the modem reboot.

connect it to the WAN port of the router.

17. fazili74

fazili74 Newbie

Dear zy,

Yes i connect it to the wan but the problem is the no internet light observed at the router,

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Please note that all routers have a special port for the DSL modem. You MUST connect the DSL modem to that port. You cannot just connect the DSL modem to the other available LAN ports.

19. zy

is the ethernet light on your modem turns on when u connect to the WAN port of the router?

20. fazili74

fazili74 Newbie

Dear zy,

Nope my ethernet light did not on when i connect to the wan port of the router.