RPK & Sin Chew Jit Poh journalist remanded under ISA

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think everyone can tell that the government has gone totally bonkers. Not only have they arrested RPK, they also arrested the Sin Chew Jit Poh journalist whose only "crime" was to report the racist comments made by Ahmad Ismail.

Funny enough, the criminal only got away with a 3-year suspension. The journalist who reported his comments got remanded under ISA. It's like jailing a journalist for writing about a rape while giving the rapist a 3-year suspended sentence.

IMHO, this is UMNO throwing the gauntlet down at ALL OF US. If you are one of those who think that the Pakatan Rakyat should just "wait" for the next elections, I hope they have now convinced you that DRASTIC ACTION is needed. We need the Barisan Nasional government OUT ASAP! :mad:

However, while the Pakatan Rakyat works to get some BN MPs to jump across the divide, let's keep it cool. UMNO is likely to employ tactics to increase tension, like the use of DAP clothes and flags by BN Mat Rempits to terrorize residents during the recent by-elections.

I don't think there's a need to panic. We just need to be a little more careful when we are outside. The most important thing is to avoid giving UMNO the option of declaring an emergency again, and using the ISA on all those who oppose them.

------------

MEET UP FOR A NEW MALAYSIA!!!!

It's time for all Malaysians to rise. Rise up against the tyranny, corruption and injustice that is the hallmark of the Barisan Nasional government! Rise up for freedom and justice!!

Come to the Kelana Jaya Stadium at 8 pm, on September 15! Come and join the Malaysian people in saying, "Enough is enough!"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2008
  2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Oh finally another post from ya blog, Dr! :D

Hmm... I guess that Ahmad's words could be very intentional, in order to stall some stuff by the Opposition. I could be wrong, but I *think* I know he's planning this one not to piss the others off - he's into another agenda.

And what the heck they said they relieve the bloggers from all the scrutiny and then now start arresting them?? Which one should they actually do? :shock:

3. Adrian Wong

OMG! They just arrested Teresa Kok too!! :shock:

Is this Operasi Lalang all over again?????? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

And was there any tension at all in the real life and the streets of Malaysia? NO! I can only imagine where all the tension is concentrated at.

Gosh.

5. plasma

plasma Newbie

This is totally Outrages... there is no reason to believe Teresa or the newspaper reporter could threaten the security of the country pending a fair trail. Why the need to invoke the ISA?

This is getting out of hand. Bodowi just sealed his own fate.

6. The_YongGrand

Damn, they are getting so desperate!! :wall:

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

don't do anything stoopid! or else you will be giving them more excuses to do take even more ridiculous steps.

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

not to mention, it seems the sin chiew jit poh's license is gonna be taken by the government it seems D:..according to my friend who works there..

9. Adrian Wong

They arrested Teresa Kok because they claim she provoked racial tensions over claims that she asked mosques to "tone down" the Azan prayer calls. Funny, she only denied it. Why not arrest the person who made the false allegations - Khir Toyo? If denying it is a crime, why not arrest the imams of the mosques who also denied that ever happened? In short, this is nothing more than BN bullshit.

They arrested Ms. Tan because they felt there was an imminent threat to her life. Funny, why not catch the perpetrators? Why not just give her 24-hour protection? Heck, why release her from her "protective custody under ISA" after one day? Is the police telling us that they caught the people planning to kill her, and her life is no longer in danger?

Again, this is nothing more than BN bullshit.

10. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that's possible. If that happens, well, I think we should all stop buying ALL other newspapers. Send the word out that we will not trust the other newspapers that only toe the government line.

11. The_YongGrand

I haven't been reading the newspaper for a long time, sir... :haha:

12. Adrian Wong

Now I only buy The Star for its Classifieds. Otherwise, it's The Sun FTW!!! :thumb: :thumb:

If I can only read Chinese, I would also buy Sin Chew Jit Poh.

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Oriental Daily is the one you should buy. :mrgreen:

14. Adrian Wong

Never heard of it. It's in English?

15. The_YongGrand

I buy the Star for the comics and the Intech. Seriously, I need two information from both parties, which these general newspapers here don't dish them out at all. :haha:

And too bad I can't read Chinese too... my ma used to buy it every week but I get to only see the pictures and guess the news from the pictures. :haha: :haha:

16. Chai

Like The Sun, it's the only other paper not 'owned' by BN.

17. Adrian Wong

Is it in English? If it is, I will go look for it.

18. Chai

Nope, it's not. :p But you were refering to Chinese papers.

19. Adrian Wong

Ahh... Too bad. :(

I should really learn to read Chinese... :(

20. Chai

If that's really him, he gets my respect from now. :o