Aztech DSL 605 EW

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by sira12, Sep 22, 2008.

1. sira12

sira12 Newbie

Hi Everybody,

I'm having a problem with my Aztech DSL 605EW Router modem. I've been using it for quite sometime this year and recently the wireless connection failed. During startup of the modem, the wireless LED is ON but when the internet as well as the ADSL LED are ON, the wireless LED is OFF.

According to the manual, the wireless LED is OFF when the Access Point from the router setting is disable. But I've already check quite a number of time that the setting is enabled.

If anybody in this forum having a similar problem, I sure need your help and opinion.

TQVM..

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If the wireless AP has been enabled in the router but the WiFi LED is off, then it's likely that the AP is dead. Before you send it back for RMA< just try a hard reset. There's usually a red button on the router that allows you to reset the router to its default settings.

3. sira12

sira12 Newbie

Hi Adrian Wong,

Thank you for your advice. For a second I really hope that you won't mention to me about sending it back for RMA. But sooner or later I must face the fact that I'm actually facing a hardware problem. Anyway about resetting the router, already done that.. a few times actually..but never seem to solve th problem...I really need a miracle..so that I won't have to buy a new one or having to live without surfing the internet while it is away :(

Anyway..thank you for your reply..

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If your router is still covered by warranty, send it in for RMA while you can. But if it's no longer covered by warranty, you can still send it in for repairs but it will cost you money.

Since WiFi routers are now so cheap, why not just get a new one? Or you can just buy a WiFi AP and hook it up to your router.

As a final resort, you can just use the router's LAN connections.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks like faulty router to me.

6. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Do try to see if there is any firmware upgrade available. I got problems with my Dlink router the other day.. completely screw-up actually which setup page got corrupted, no wireless. Nearly about to dump it. Then upgrade the firmware, the router was back to norm. Phew.. save a couple of hundred bucks.

7. sira12

sira12 Newbie

I already search for an updated firmware for my router. but the version is the same as the one that I have right now. So I don't think it will help. Anyway, my LAN connection is still ok and using it right now. Just that, since my wireless connection faulty, I have to share my pc with my 3 children in order for them to use it. The distance of my other room is quite far and I have to make a longer LAN cable in order for me to connect to the internet using this router..Anyway, I'm not trying to complain about this just that, I hope I can solve this problem. I know I have no other choice than to send it to the manufacturer or buy a new one (most likely to do this because the LAN connection is still OK). So only left with one choice that is send it to the manufacturer :lol:

Anyway thank you all for helping me..If you know anybody with such problem and the manage to fix it themself, do let me know..TQVM..

8. Ryan

Ryan Newbie

how to find Aztech ip to set CCTV??

can anyone help me? i need to find an IP to set my CCTV. but dono why i already set it but still cant enter the page anyone can teach me how to do it:pray:

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

i think you may need to hardreset the modem then, since you changed the IP and forget it already thus resulting in canot get into that page :|