The Tech ARP 2008 Graphics Card Giveaway!

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Dashken, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Team ARP is proud to announce our Graphics Card Giveaway for 2008! This is our way of saying thanks for being part of the Tech ARP community and helping us make it to where we are right now. Take a look at the prizes!

The Prizes

Please note that all these graphics cards are provided as-is. That means we will not be responsible for any damage or loss of function/parts before, during or after delivery.

Bonus Prizes

In addition to the graphics cards above, we will be giving out 32 Tech ARP t-shirts! The winner of each contest period will get one, and three other forum members will be randomly selected to win a t-shirt each!

I Want To Participate!

All you need to do is just participate in the Tech ARP Forums from October 4 until December 28, 2008! Join us in our discussions for the next 12 weeks and you could win one or more of these graphics cards!

Every day of the contest, we will randomly select 20 forum members who have posted at least once OR referred someone who registers in the forums that very day. A minimum of two slots per day will be allocated to those who have referred a new forum member. You can be selected multiple times, as many times as the days that you have posted in the forums or referred someone to the Tech ARP forums. This gives you a greater chance of winning the prize.

There will be 8 contest periods. At the end of the first contest period, we will have a list of 160 forum nicks. There will be some repetitions of course, depending on how many were selected multiple times. One of those 160 forum nicks will be randomly selected as the winner for the first prize, an NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GS graphics card. Three other forum members will win a Tech ARP t-shirt each.

At the end of the second contest period, we will have a list of 300 forum nicks (counted from October 4 onwards). One of those 300 forum nicks will be randomly selected as the winner for the second prize, the NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT graphics card. Again, three other forum members will win a Tech ARP t-shirt each.

Similarly, at the end of subsequent contest periods, we will obtain fresh lists from the start of this contest until the end of each contest period. One forum nick of each fresh list will be randomly selected to win the remaining prizes, with three other forum members winning one Tech ARP t-shirt each.

In total, there will be 32 individual prizes, and if you are active (and lucky) enough, you can win more than one prize!

You will need to be a registered member of the Tech ARP Forums so if you have not registered earlier, you will need to register before you can post. Don't worry - registration is FREE and the process is very simple! :thumb:

Note : Please tell your friends to identify you as their Referral during the registration process so you will get credit for it.

Help Us Help You!

Tech ARP will be sponsoring many of these prizes and delivery of all prizes at substantial cost to the team. If you would like to help us defray our costs, you can do so by visiting more of our sponsors or donate to our fund. Any help you can render is greatly appreciated!

Rules & Regulations

Questions & Comments

If you have a question or comment about this contest, please feel free to post them here!

The Winners!

After trudging through thousands of posts to obtain a clean list, we randomly selected these winners from 1720 qualified nicks (20 per day). Our heartiest congratulations to these winners!

[​IMG]

If your name is on the list, please e-mail Adrian (awsh @ techarp.com) your particulars ASAP. Be sure to include your real name, full address and telephone number. Thank!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Wow!!!!:o

Holy sh*t!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

What a great contest!!!:D :D :D

Once again TechARP comes up with another great contest!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i'm in!!!:mrgreen:

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow another cool contest! I'm in too! Hahahahah... :D

4. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Nice contest!
    I better start posting again and not just ghost around the forums :thumb:

5. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

but i just got my 9500gt top

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Well, the GeForce 9500 GT isn't a very fast cards. The ATI cards are all faster than it. :beer:

7. Adrian Wong

Edited Dashken's post to correct a mistake I made.

Do note that the last contest period ends on December 28, not January 28.

In addition, to answer some questions I got via PM/e-mail :

8. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

You guys would take Paypal right? :think:

9. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

nice, card.
    its hard to get online at singapore.
    one thing for sure, i'm in!

10. slugbug

slugbug Newbie

I haven't visited this site in a while, I'm glad I did today though. What a great contest :D

11. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

Thanks Tech ARP for organising a great contest for us all, I am sure they would be a welcome upgrade for the holiday season..

12. samin1

samin1 Newbie

Great contest!!! thanx TechARP.

13. Adrian Wong

14. Adrian Wong

The contest is now into its second day. Good luck, everyone!! :beer: :beer:

15. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

wow guys nice stuff
    i wish everyone a good luck
    those cards are great

16. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

wow, nice contest. :lol: Anyway, hopefully i could get a t-shirt.

Hi to everyone :wave:

17. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Since mine is slower .. .ehhhhmmm .... i give you my address you post me the prize

18. Orpheous

Orpheous Newbie

Thanks for the great competition TechARP! It was the deciding factor in signing up (note: first post)

Are the judges open to bribery? LOL... I need to replace an old 7600 :D

19. Adrian Wong

LOL!! I think that's what everyone wants! :mrgreen:

20. Adrian Wong

Well, everyone stands a chance! Good luck! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.