ATI 4850 Owner's Club

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by Lacus, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Hey, i notice a number of us forumer here owns a 4850.So i created this club so we can provide some information regarding this card to people that are considering to get this card :thumb: hmm, those person i know owning a 4850 is Me,Yong_grand. not to sure bout the rest so welcome everyone to join this club..we'll discuss anything bout the 4850 card here...From drivers,psu to ocing (hmm) the card :think:

Current 4850 Owners:

1.Lacus - Gigabyte 4850 (reference card with ThermalRight T-Rad2 :wave: )
    2.The_YongGrand - Sapphire 4850 (non reference card,custom cooler)
    3.Sherren - Sapphire 4850 (non reference card,custom cooler) *same like The_YongGrand* :wave:
    4.elmatic - Unknown 4850 (double slot, custom cooler with hand made vga fan O_O)

Last edited: Dec 12, 2008
  2. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Wow you beat me to it first! :D

That 4850 is really good budget gamer's card, or it could be a mid-range one too! :D

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

not me at the moment... maybe someday I will join the club :(

4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

aah, no worries :D...someday you will join right...remember or else :twisted:

5. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

i haz x1800, take that 4850 owners! :haha:

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

muahahahaha...Max, you'll join us someday...

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

No, my X1800 pwns all! It runs crysis like 1FPS, beat that! :mrgreen:

8. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

I'm still hanging onto my X1800 too :haha:

9. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

you shall lar...nvm, i let you have my box then :haha:

10. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

LOL! Ever tried Crysis on it? :haha: It is close to useless now, can't even run Titan Quest (2006) at 1280x960 smoothly, that's why I never bother trying Crysis on it, I know it's going to fail :haha:

Luckily I don't game that much now :haha: If not you would probably see me on the owners list now or perhaps a 4870 one.

11. The_YongGrand

Hehe...

Yeah - my X1950Pro couldn't even cut it in Crysis. Not even in all the high details. Hah. :)

That was I sold it finally to amass some monay for ... suddenly the 4850 just appeared! :D

12. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Yeah, I think I managed to run the Crysis demo on medium...also can't really justify upgrading to a 48xx, I haven't played a 3D game for months :p

13. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

well i was lucky enough to run on 7600gt under Athlon XP 2600+ under medium setting and of course setting low for shadow.

Nice club for HD4850 users. Still cant decide if i should get 4850.

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If you play loads of 3D games, then the Radeon HD 4850/4870 are definitely worth buying. However, your Athlon XP system will be too underpowered to make full use of them. Better do a full upgrade.

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Exactly the reason why I'm still using my old card. I don't have anything to utilize it :mrgreen:

16. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

the reason i change my card, weird 1...my old 3870 was giving me some problem and hard to rma it.well, it turns out to be out of stock thus have to wait like for 1.5-2 months, so i ended up topping up a bit and get this 4850 :haha:

17. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

It was meant to be lol :thumb:

18. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

currently waiting for my hardware to arrived. just missing cpu, motherboard and gfx only. i was planning to get HD4850 because i buy p45 CF board. But i still think about going for HD4870, modernopc.com didnt reply me if i could pay by paypal two days ago so my upgrade always stuck half way.

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Oh, you are upgrading to the Intel Core 2 platform. Good idea. :thumb:

As long as you get a reasonably fast Core 2 processor (e.g. anything above E6300), it should be good enough to support the Radeon HD 4850/4870 cards.

20. The_YongGrand

It's a good buy if you pair it up with a decent C2D processor or the cheapest one, a high-end Pentium Dual Core i.e. E5200. :D