Nokia E66 .. to buy or not to buy

Discussion in 'Notebooks & Mobile Devices' started by mikegas, Oct 16, 2008.

1. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

hmmm... kinda hook to this phone .. since it has nearly everything wi-fi, GPS, 3.2 Mp, push email, outlook exchange and quite reasonable price. Any comment?

Got one question, can it be install with Garmin GPS software so I can use the GPS for free without the need of Nokia map? Read it somewhere that it can be done... true or false?

2. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

E71, E66

Must BUY! BUY BUY BUY! the best phones in 2008. if not because iphone gives a more fluid, larger view net browsing experience (sorry! but i spend alot of time on the train), i would have gotten the E71, which is better in every other aspects. the E66 is equally good. it's a mini E71.

3. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

How much does it cost?

If I were you, I will go for Windows Mobile PDA/smartphone

I just hate Symbian

4. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

about RM1.7K .. yeah is Symbian, the UI look ok. Win CE err .. phone quite big don't really like touch screen, E66 nice size not too big.

Yeah I like the size .. mini E71 .. wish it has 5MP though .. hehehehe

Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  5. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Symbian is slow (older models). but surprisingly everything runs quite fast on the E71. in fact it's the first symbian phone that I don't complain bout..it being sluggish :lol:

Windows mobile can be slow as well if you pick the wrong phone. try OMNIAAAAA or TOUCHHHHHHHH DIAMONDD. utter rubbish. then again it's the manufacturers that give WM a bad name. completely lost touch with the reality. get rid of those 3d interface! WM default interface is useful enough.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Completely agree with you.

Interface or not, you have the ability to disable, so it doesn't matter. :mrgreen: My friend was surprised with my phone's responsiveness using Touch Flo 2D. He's using Omnia. :p

7. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

sob .. no one like symbian? I actually used to write codes for symbian .. but gave it up, cause it really pain in the backside. The previous version of OS do look a bit cacat but the one on the E66 surprisingly quite ok.. test drove it in Nokia Showroom...

8. Chai

I think Symbian is ok if you are not planning to do much on the phone, other than what's already on the phone.

I feel that WM has far more flexibility. Until today, I'm still playing with various types of tools, software for my WM phone. :haha:

I guess that you might not share the same interest though. :mrgreen:

9. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

1.7k can go for few weeks old 2nd hand HTC TyTn II, exactly the one Chai is using :D

10. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

hmmm.. buying this phone liaw.. now waiting for stock .. :p

11. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

waiting for pictures :twisted:

12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Lich!!! waiting for pictures too...<--awaiting call from HP -_-"

13. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

You mean E66 or TyTn II :D

14. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

E66 .. got it at dealer price ..but waiting for stock .. only got white now .. yukkkk...

15. Chai

White? :| So ipod... :lol:

16. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

white today.. yellow in a year time .. :lol: colour changing phone ..

17. Chai

So you decided to wait?

18. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

waiting .. tick tock .. tick tock...

19. Chai

Just get E71. :p

20. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

nah .. i don't like the size n bulky mini keyboard. ... Just need norm phone, wifi and GPS is a plus plus .. :lol: