Nvidia 8800 gts trouble

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards & Displays' started by mrneilfloyd, Oct 20, 2008.

1. mrneilfloyd

mrneilfloyd Newbie

Hello, I'm new here but I decided I needed to reach out for help with my issue because nothing on the internet seems to work with me.

I have recently acquired a brand new Nvidia e-GeForce 8800 GTS video card. It runs smoothly when powered on so that leads me to believe it's a data error and not a physical one. When the "found new hardware" wizard on windows does it's thing and finds the right drivers for the card, the installation seems to go alright until the last file when I get an error that states:

"There was a problem installing this hardware:

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
    An error occurred during the installation of this device
    Access is denied."

I would greatly enjoy actually using my 200 dollar investment so if anyone could help me out I would be greatly indebted to them.

Thanks in advance. :D

2. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Try to manually download and install the drivers?

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm, you're using the windows drivers or from the cd (usually comes with the graphic card). well, you can either try installing the driver from the disc or download the lastest driver from Nvidia website.

4. mrneilfloyd

mrneilfloyd Newbie

Ok i'm going to try manually installing the drivers I will update you all tomorrow.

Thanks for the quick feedback! :)

5. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

It may be best to go straight to nvidia.com and download the current drivers for your card and operating system .Make sure its on your desktop, also make sure all other graphic card drivers are uninstalled.Maybe use drivercleaner or similiar program. Then install downloaded driver ignoring the windows hardware wizard...Give this a go sounds like a software error....

6. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

Drivers cleaner doesn't worked well this time because they haven't update for a while, unless you buy their products. Tried DriverSweeper from Guru3D it worked pretty good and it get update from time to time. :thumb:

7. mrneilfloyd

mrneilfloyd Newbie

I have tried ignoring the found new hardware wizard and downloading the drivers directly from the website. The install goes fine and completes itself but my computer still doesn't recognize the video card. I beleive i have to go through the wizard but I have no idea what is wrong with it...definitely need some more help.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed :)

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Was the above link the place you went to for your drivers? Use Option 1. *Be sure to select type of card and operating system.

9. mrneilfloyd

mrneilfloyd Newbie

Yes that is the exact site I used. I am starting to think that the actual software isn't the problem, that there may be a problem with my file permissions or something wacked out like that. No matter where or how I get the same file it won't install into the system 32 folder.

****EDIT: 5:30...tried re-installing my old video card and I am receiving the same exact error. This leads me to believe that it is indeed my system having the issue, since both cards receive the same error. It is an NVIDIA 6800.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  10. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Are you the admin of the machine?