Re-wiring my TT Armor

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by trueg50, Oct 25, 2008.

1. trueg50

trueg50 Newbie

First build of my "Tygon Tornado" went well, unfortunately I couldn't get any in action shots, or any shots of my radiator mounting.

This Project will be for adding wire management, better cable routing (all cables coming out from under the motherboard so that they are barely visible, general cleaning, and shots of how I have my watercooling loop arranged.

Evening One: Planning and cleaning

Here are a few pictures of the before, the Version 1.0 of this build.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is front of the case where the radiator is mounted. Those are just number 6 bolts attaching it; using the foam on the sides it makes a very secure fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the results of having ~300 CFM of intake; but it is better here in the filter than in my case. On the left is a vacuumed one, and on the right is the filter before cleaning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my master plan; I took each connector and traced it onto cardboard, then cut that out and taped it to the motherboard. Top left is CPU, top right is motherboard, and bottom right is the SAT cables, and through the hole connected to it will be the front panel connectors.

[​IMG]

I will post the "after" pics in the next post.

I hope this is useful to other folks, as I got a good portion of my idea's from seeing other projects. This thread is mostly about giving out ideas so feel free to ask questions and give out comments; the quest for perfection is never-ending.

2. trueg50

trueg50 Newbie

First step was to cover up the radiator and tubing to ensure no metal shavings got in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up was to start dicing.

(Here is me cutting away)

[​IMG]

My new dremel going to work.

[​IMG]

After that I took a sanding bit for the dremel and sanded down all the cuts (no pictures of that)

Here are the cuts.

[​IMG]

Now to start wiring it up.

Here is the back of the motherboard tray:
    [​IMG]

And here is the front before I added any cards.

[​IMG]

Lastly was to fill the loop and add the cards (to ensure the wiring was correct). I thought the Swiftech was a blueish, but it turns out it was green; not a big deal though as it looks pretty good as is.

[​IMG]

Well I made one mistake; I plugged the front 2 Panaflo's into a 7 volt molex; however it made my computer much much quieter and given the results I won't go back to 12 volt Panaflos. I also had to get rid of the 9800GX2, and now use a cute little 9600GT (though sadly not powerful enough for my 1680x1050 display).

Overall the project went perfectly; I took my time and measured and dry-fitted at least 2 or 3 times before doing anything.

I hope you Armor owners get some idea's from this.

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Yup, you shouldn't notice much difference running them at 7v, since you are only cooling a CPU with a 120x3 radiator. :thumb:

Why did you paint your D5? :o

4. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Good job! Looks so much better than. HDD temps must have dropped a bit hopefully :thumb:

5. trueg50

trueg50 Newbie

I think there was maybe a 3 degree difference, and the loop performs very well as is, so it was definitely worth it. Though my 9800GX2 ran about 3-5 degree's warmer with the fans at only 7V.

The radiator, pump, and waterblock were all used (only cost me $110ish) and I guess the guy painted it white to match some sort of case mod. I thought it looked stupid, but now that it is in and blends in a bit, I think it looks pretty good.

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

woah,nice stuff there...btw, whats the D5 Max was referring too?Man,gonna switch to another casing before i go WC :haha: Btw great high resolution pictures there..

7. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

The 3 degree tradeoff is worth it IMO, as long as it doesn't affect your overclocking/stability. I used to run my 1200RPM fans at 12V, now I run them at 7V, temperature is a bit higher, but it's virtually silent now. Now the noisiest components in my rig are my HDDs.

$110 for the 3 stuffs is a good deal :thumb:

Nice cable management btw.

8. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It's the pump. Also known as the Swiftech MCP655.

LICH! I don't even have a casing now :p

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I ran my fan at 5V instead of 12V, temps went up by 5C at most. Not bad at all.

White D5 looks weird...

10. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

For some reason I can't view the pics.