[Auto Talk] What tyres or tires are you using?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Jun 12, 2008.

1. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

If you wish to keep your speedometer correct you will have to run low profile tires which are more expensive.

2. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Forgive my ignorance in this matters, but how much would a good 16" rims and tyres cost? and the advantages? All i want is good, comfortable, and safe tyres.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Haha...Rims, either Taiwanese, Japanese or European. Or you can go for local. It's heavy, but it's durable. Guess which is more expensive? :mrgreen: Rims can range from RM1000-RM5000

Tyres? You can only choose 2 among grip, long life, and comfortable. Everyone wants perfect tyres, but there's no such thing. :mrgreen: I choose grip over the rest, since I value my life more.

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If I'm not mistaken, changing the rim size also affects the turning radius... unless you opt for lower profile tyres to keep the overall tyre size the same? :think:

5. Chai

Not turning radius, diameter of the tyres. You need to choose the right tyres to keep the diameter the same.

6. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

my Toyo Proxes tires so long also no one buy yet.

I got no car to use it la.

7. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

yeah hor..I still remember you still trying to sell off the tyres in the forum (used to stalk goldfries when nothin better to do)..Btw tyre can last for at least few years unused right?

8. Chai

Tyre lifespan is usually 5 years max, regardless of wear rate. Rubber will get harden and crack eventually.

9. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

Chai, know anyone who's interested in Toyo Proxes T1R 215/45ZR17 91W (NEW) ?

it's in my house for ages now. seems like no buyer, I'm afraid of the rubber getting worn even by just leaving it there.

more than a year already.

10. Chai

Not that I know of. T1R is a good performance tyre.

11. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I bought some old tyres before. 6 years old, I think. The threads looked real good but man, was it crap. My car was wobbling all over the road. Dangerous like hell. :hand:

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

bad luck struck..damn!!!!

falken is just 4 months old :wall:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the thing caused it

[​IMG]

13. Chai

Falken ZE912? :o

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yeap..falken 912 that i bought 4 months ago :wall:

heart pain really

but badluck nth can do :cry:

15. Chai

Can this be fixed?

I just swapped my ST115 front and back few days ago. The wear rate is surprisingly high.

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

can be fix

tyre shop can patch from inside for rm10 or patch + tube for a little more

of course the tyre wont be that good anymore but usable

falken have a quite low wear rating because they are more soft?? but if want comfy must compromise :mrgreen:

17. Adrian Wong

I just patched one of my tyres for RM 5 each patch. There were FOUR holes! Argghh.. Must be careful parking where there's renovation being done! :wall: :wall:

18. Chai

Soft only in the rubber compound, which means better grip. But the tyre wall can still be hard for better cornering stabilty (less comfy), which is one of the features of ST115. Not sure about other models though.

19. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

tyre fix :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and now another problem..few days ago my dad go change for me..and know what change to dunlop d01 :wall: now one side falken one side dunlop..sigh..some bad confusion with my dad

20. Chai

How much did it cause you? Wow, looks like a bad damage. I think I would change to a new tyre :o

I got a few nails on my tyre too.