Fallout 3!!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by PsYkHoTiK, Oct 28, 2008.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Anybody getting it? I'm picking up my CE pre-order tomorrow at Best(Worst)Buy.... :thumb:

2. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I might pick it up in the future when I upgrade my video card. It sure looks awesome! I'm planning on playing the two first ones first though. I'mma borrow it from a friend :)

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I've been playing it for quite a while and it is really nice. Graphics run pretty well with my setup. Bleak future haha!

4. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

this a rpg game?

sorry for the stupid question :haha:

5. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

RPG game is such a loose and abused term these days. I've played the Fallout 1 and 2 and they DEFINE the term "Post Apocalyptic RPG". Fallout 3 is the same concept but with noob flavoring.

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It's an FPS RPG.

Noob flavoring? How so?

7. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

PowerSlide needs to visit game sites a bit more :p

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I thought it was RPG. But it looks like FPS to me... I'm equally confused. :haha:

9. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I was about the ask the same question :haha:

10. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Fallout 3 = FPS + RPG, but the FPS element is slightly different, I heard that.

I loved the old Fallout 1 and 2 too. Too bad, in Fallout 1, I can't preserve the Dogmeat (a jet-black dog who follows the protagonist) to the end of the mission. When I played it, he got fried by the mutants. I miss him so much. :(

Ok, I'm derailing here, let's get back to Fallout 3. :)

11. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

There is Dogmeat in Fallout 3... :mrgreen: A trusty doggy companion that helps to attack enemies and also find random junk if you ask him to.

FPS element is just like an FPS. Though there are RPG skills involved (like types of weapons ,etc).

I really like it so far. :mrgreen:

12. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

ehheheheh on dog
    any way well fallout haves ability to run as normal rpg
    but fps part is just a extended game play
    but in basic fallout 3 is still just a RPG game

13. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

In Fallout 1, I tried to 'keep' the dog, but Dogmeat couldn't go anywhere. Despite all efforts on preventing him to attack tougher targets, he was either fried, gassed or melted. :faint:

Huh... the same old dog in Fallout 3? Or he's not really dead yet?

Fallout series is quite fun to play at especially with the traits and the stuff. But the combat system has modified. It's something like turn-based, isn't it? :D

14. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Probably a different dog but just given the name. You can actually tell the dog to go hide back at a certain location on the map if it is 'too dangerous'. Other than that, he does help with the fighting (and seems to be built like a tank) and help fetch random stuff you may need.

The combat is exactly like any normal FPS. Move around using WASD, find enemy, aim cross hair to said enemy and fire away. They spice it up by something called VATS that kinda makes it into turned base shooting (you have Action Points that recharge pretty fast) but what is unique is that you can target specific body parts (and each part will have a hit percentage). It really does add a unique twist to the game play (I use it for lobbing nades and mini nukes primarily).

There is a 'perk' that you can unlock later on that is called the 'Mysterious Stranger'. Basically at random times, a mysterious person will come into the VATs action screen after you fired your last shot (and providing the enemy didn't die) it will blow the creature's head off with his magnum. - kinda like the old Fallouts.

15. Unixlord

Unixlord Newbie

My favorite perk from FA2 was the slayer. All melee attacks triggered critical hits and did insane damage, man that was some good fun.

16. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

Yes somehow I think the genre boundaries have been blurred a bit here folks....

17. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

well it is not turn based but it use ap (action points)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I LOVE THIS GAME

18. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

How is the combat system? From the gameplay trailers, it seems kinda odd and slows down the gameplay?

19. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Not at all. It adds a nice twist to things. The AP points limit how much you can shoot (depending on type of weapon). Good thing it can be expanded with a higher level perk (that and ever part of the body has a percentage associated with it).

20. Spanner

Spanner Newbie

So would it be fair to say Fallout 3 is more RPG and Farcry 2 is more FPS or I am I wrong to try and define it...