Barack Obama is 44th President of the United States of America!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Adrian Wong, Nov 5, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm been closely watching the US Presidential race for a long time now, and the wait is finally over. Barack Obama is the new President-Elect in a landslide victory!! Come January 20, 2009, he will be the 44th President of the USA!

I watched John McCain and Barack Obama give their speeches and I was extremely impressed. Both were so gracious and conciliatory in their speeches, calling for unity. They both brought tears to my eyes even though I'm not American.

They were both well-qualified for the job in their own ways. One's an undisputed hero and the other's an undisputed idealist. But I think Obama's message of hope and change resonated most with the American nation and the world. After 8 years of Bush, it's time to heal the wounds and rebuild bridges.

YES, WE CAN!!! YES, WE CAN!!! YES, WE CAN!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Congratulations to the people of America!! :beer: :beer:

Update

Obama's Victory Speech

---------------

McCain's Speech

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  2. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Indeed, both McCain's and Obama's speeches were great. Now let's see or Obama can really bring change to America.

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

It's really nice to see Obama up there. I was expecting it, but still nice nonetheless. I doubt if he would be able to change much, but it's certain that the mentality of the Americans will change with this new President.

4. Adrian Wong

Yes, there seems to be a more upbeat mood in America and even worldwide when Obama won. I think that's important for the dark days ahead. The economic crisis has given many people the jitters. Maybe everyone will calm down now and give the economic measures a chance to work their magic...

5. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I don't think he'll be able to change that much either, but i'm positive it will help in the long run. He did admit that maybe he wouldn't be able to make big changes in one year, or even in one term.

6. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

We need Obama .. here ..

7. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

It was a good landslide victory for us and I really can't wait to see what changes the next 4 years will bring us.

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Spooky lol :haha:

10. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

They wanted it to be like Princess Leia's hologram from R2D2... :p

But still, it is pretty neat. Especially for live TV.

11. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I read somewhere it really wasn't a real hologram, as in the news guy isn't seeing what we see in reality, he's just watching at a screen while on TV the recorded images of the woman are overlaid onto the screen on the red dot on the floor.

And here's a torrent of Obama's victory speech if anyone's interested: Barack Obama Presidential Victory Speech HDTV XviD-XOXO [eztv] : TV Shows > Other - Mininova

12. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

The US is in for some very tough times ahead, we might not see true recovery for a least 2-3 years.

As far as Obama he had the election in the bag before even the first vote was casted.

13. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

This picture is awesome xD

[​IMG]

14. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

How can Badawi say that it's possible for chinese, indian to become PM when the malays are already going HOO HAA over the appointment of a senior experienced officer as the head of PKNS ?

15. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

:haha: :haha:

Attached Files:

16. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Call me old fashioned, I am skeptical, BUT willing and eager to give him a chance. What scares me most is his willingness to destroy the "free" market system that has made USA what it is today. My wife & I risked all of our retirement savings to build a small business (25 employees) and with all of our efforts (after work & weekends) going to the business we do.... OK. If taxes are raised on us we wont be able to offer as many employees the opportunity to work. I don't like to speculate, but some of what he says about redistribution of wealth scares the PEE out of me. Reminds me of..... Here ya go!:haha: Do you know what Marxist beliefs were like?:snooty:

Attached Files:

17. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Well, I'm going to ask the same thing too. :haha:

Race is no barrier anyway! :thumb:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  18. Adrian Wong

If Obama was born HERE (Malaysia), he could never be more than just a Member of Parliament. That is if he's not already incarcerated under the Internal Security Act for the audacity to challenge the status quo! :haha: :haha:

19. Mad1

Mad1 <b>Old Toad</b>

It's not 200 years yet what:mrgreen:

20. Adrian Wong