[Auto Talk] What tyres or tires are you using?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Jun 12, 2008.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

fixing it cost rm10..plus fixing and balancing all RM18

the tyre guy say patch up like this the tyre can use until bald..the damage are not that bad actually just a little of rubber at thread got damage :shifty:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It looked more damaged then just the thread alone. The inside of the tyre has to be patched also, never seen that before.

3. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

the plier went thru the tyre, so the tyre shop ppl use like those thing they stuck in when puncture to close the hole, inside the tyre the round thing is the one closing the hole and then i no idea what they put to sealed the thing in place

there are lots more worst case but still fixable, if im the rally type driver surely not safe but driving 50 to 60km/h on town should not be any problem(as the guys said lol)

i have ask few shop but none of them wana do and keep say "change new" but of course they do since sell me new they would make money..lucky my BIL know this tyre shop and they willing to do

4. Chai

My current tyres are like magnets. I got at least 3 nails already. :shifty:

If I were you, I think I might consider changing to a new one. :haha:

5. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

the nicer the tyre the more it attract nails :mrgreen:

i should be, but maybe getting killed while having a blow out would be something :mrgreen:

6. Chai

Put the tyre at the back, so in case any blow out, you are less likely to lose control. :p

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yea..the damage are on rear..already few days and im still not being killed :haha:

another thing, u guys went to petrol station to pump air which are not accurate or went to tyre shop?

8. Chai

Get a good tyre pressure gauge. I need one too.

9. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Me too...anyone knows where to get a good digital based gauge? I have the steel ruler type gauges but damn hard to get repeatable readings

10. Chai

Where can I get a better gauge? I'm quite a tyre pressure freak. haha.

11. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Who wouldn't especially if he/she has got some petrol running in their veins? Since optimum tire pressure extends the tire's life, reduces fuel consumption and optimizes maximum contact grip. And I actually prefer to measure cold tire pressures and if money allows, get myself a mini air compressor

12. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Are those new digital air pressure pumps at the petrol stations accurate? Can they really deliver the desired air pressure accurately?

13. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

definately not, those pumps are left out there nobody care to take care of it

and talk about these air pump, got once i wana pump in but instead the crap pump remove all the air..end up i have to change to spare, give a piece of me to the petrol station and look like a idiot :haha:

14. Chai

Not even close to accurate...

15. neverthar

neverthar Newbie

Far from even close to put it politely especially if your nearest petrol station is quite a distance and the meter looks dirty. Lord knows how much leakage and condensated air those air lines have

16. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Darn. I thought the problem was with the analog meters... :(

17. Chai

I tried using different digital pumps from various stations, it can vary up to 3-5PSI! I think tyre temperature is not enough to cause that huge variance in tyre pressure. :haha:

18. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I used to have a pair of tires that would change pressure by 7 PSI, cold to hot.

19. Chai

That much difference?

20. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

Yes, but they would run in my opinion abnormally hot. My current tires only very by 2-3 PSI and the ones before that about 4-6 PSI.

If I remember the old rule of thumb correctly it is for every 10 degrees Fahrenheit pressure rises 1 PSI.