ED#106 : Windows Vista Service Pack 2’s Latest Release Schedule

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Dashken, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

We have news of the upcoming Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista! Microsoft is doing their best to rush out Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista so there will be additional incentive for folks to upgrade to Window Vista now, instead of waiting for Windows 7. So the latest schedule should come as no surprise.

[​IMG]

Link : ED#106 : Windows Vista Service Pack 2’s Latest Release Schedule

2. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Hopefully it will be possible to download SP2 on the same date as RTM since that was the case too with SP1.

3. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

I hope they put in some optimizations and performance increases!

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If you know where to look, you may even get a copy before the official RTM date. :twisted:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I don't think so. :haha:

6. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

Would that be a copy of the RC or RTM? I would prefer to wait for a finished product.

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's the same thing. RTM is released to manufacturers first, like what the name suggest. I mean whether it's released to manufacturer first or public.

8. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

I know, with finished product I meant the RTM release. Changes can still be made with the RC right?

9. Adrian Wong

Both RC and RTM. So watch out for "fake" RTM binaries that claim to be the actual RTM binary. We will try to get more details (i.e. file size, etc.) of the RC and RTM binaries as we get closer to their respective release dates.

10. petrossa

petrossa Newbie

what is Build 6002.16497.081017-1605?

11. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

The version of the release.

12. Adrian Wong

13. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

At least I don't have to redownload so many updates when I reinstall my OS in a few months time

14. basic

basic Newbie

"Escrow Build"

Google is your friend... more so when the best result is a CNN story from 1999 about Windows 2000 (which it seems I cannot post due to being rather new here) which says in part:

Kapeesh?

15. Adrian Wong

Ahh.. Thanks. We did Google, no idea why we didn't find that. :think:

16. Win-Vista SP2 probably awaiting more beta tester for 7

Could be that Windows Vista service pack 2 could very well benefit from the Microsoft communitys' ability to cull some revelations from the host of Windows 7 beta testers finds since that new operating system is supposed to be based primarily on Windows Vista anyway.

I'll just bet that they drag their feet to see what revelations present themselves, to see just what might be supprisingly found-out in the interim, while they apprise themselves of all the bugs they find that they did not realize they had inherited from the Windows 6 family - into the Windows 7 realm.

By dragging their feet, they may well get some insight into some bugs that they didn't even know existed in Vista, until they allowed people to try and break the new Windows 7 operating system - thereby exposing some of the legacy flaws which would've been inherent from the base of Windows 6 (Vista) and maybe even back as far as Windows XP or 2000.

17. Adrian Wong

18. Adrian Wong

19. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

this article is getting very confusing.

It needs a re-arrangement. maybe you should just del the old updates?

20. Adrian Wong

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing that eventually. Just waiting for more info from Microsoft.