Looking for cameras? Post all questions here!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dashken, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

hmm, will the shop over at Sungei Wang Plaza helpful? don't wanna walk into a shop and no 1 comes to serve. most of them tend to look at appearence and that tend to suck -_-

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

From my experience, yes, they are. Not as helpful or friendly as shops in Penang, but MUCH better than the shops in Low Yat Plaza. They are also cheaper than over in LYP, at least the last time I checked.

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

seriously...too many choices...Olympus DSLR? Seems not bad too o_O...E520..

4. Adrian Wong

LOL! For me, it's only between Canon and Nikon. :mrgreen:

5. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

U can try Tarita in Sg Wang. There are two branches in Sg Wang itself, one is the small one on the ground floor and this is the one you should be going to for bargains. I bought my Canon 1000D from there at the best price I could find; and then recently bought a Nikon lens from them too. The manager (chinese guy) and a staff (malay guy) there are nice people.

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Most of the Olympus users I know have converted to Nikon or Canon in the end.

7. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

I was surrounded by a big group of Olympus users last week at A1GP a couple of E-3s somemore :dance: :dance: :dance:

8. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

cool!...E3..thats 1 of the waterproof dslr?hmm,shall go there this weekend to survey first..then decide :D.

9. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Got waterproof DSLR ? I also want one ...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  10. Adrian Wong

Eh, sure can waterproof or not? Or just splash-resistant?

11. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

more like splash resistant. lol. cool though.

the only problem with D60 and below is that they do not have built in AF motor. it depends on the lens.

with AF-S lens, they can use the lens AF system.

with AF lens, they will become manual focus cameras.

12. Adrian Wong

That's why I think it's better to go with the higher-end Nikon bodies. But if you only intend to buy and use new lenses, then it should not be a problem.

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Or not intend to buy any lens. That's what many people do with the lower end range.

14. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Wanna get a water proof camera, so far only Olympus and Pentrax ... haih .. cos it is way cheaper to get a water proof camera then get a camera with water proof casing.

15. Adrian Wong

Waterproof to what depths? You intend to dive or snorkle?

16. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

snorkle cukup la... of course not dive, dun have dive license..

17. Adrian Wong

Unless you are LICH enough to buy underwater cases for a specific DSLR camera, your only choice would be waterproof P&S cameras from Olympus, Pentax or Ricoh. Those can stand normal snorkelling water pressures but if you drop it.... :shifty: :shifty: :D

18. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

E-3 is weather proof not water proof.

Underwater you need underwater housing.

19. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

For the Olympus PnS that is supposed to be water proof, my friend's unit had water-condensation inside the camera (which is not supposed to happen since the camera has 'anti-this-and-that' and the camera stopped working after that. He's trying to claim a new one from Olympus now. It happened while he was kayakking in the rivers in Sarawak; probably due to the water being too cold.

20. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. If the camera is certified waterproof up to a certain depth, then water can only get in if he dropped it below the certified depth or it has a crack in the case.