There goes the last bit of abit

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by fapDaddy, Dec 22, 2008.

1. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

yes yes...it's nothing new. I'm just posting this for the sake of posting, so please bear with me. :boohoo:

Universal abit will be able to celebrate its last Christmas and new year eve and that's it...nothing beyond that... :(

This is due to the fact that abit is too small a unit compare to gigabyte :eh: and consumers are demanding teras of bytes to store their precious p*0n collections. FYI abit is so small that it won't be able to store even 1 small fragment of my p*0n :naughty: since I'm going full hd for all my collections :mrgreen:.....................................
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

The fact is that USI is closing down abit simply because economy is bad and abit balance sheet is not appealing. period.

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

A real shame. I still remember when ABIT was at their prime. Sad to see them fall so low...

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Damn...this is very sad... :(

The history of my Abit collection:

Abit BH6
    Abit BX6-2
    Abit SA6-R
    Abit NF7-S
    Abit IP35 Pro

RIP Abit

4. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

luckily i didnt buy their Abit QuadGT X38 board. :D. According to the response, they will be still around but not making any motherboard.

5. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

and for some distro, they are stopping RMA services for abit board :(..kinda like my first abit mobo i got here :(...RIP ABIT T_T....

6. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I have used their NF7-S and IS7-E and they were both good mobos but they kinda disappeared for a while after that.

7. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

It's really sad. I used to think of Abit as being one of the top motherboard makers for enthusiasts. And now this... really sad.

8. Chai

IP35 Pro is actually one of their best board in recent times. :mrgreen:

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yeah I know but before that (keywords = 'for a while'). They were pretty much had nothing truly outstanding for enthusiasts/OCers. Perhaps started with Oscar Wu leaving maybe?

10. Chai

But then again, I don't think there's any manufacturer making a fabulous OCer. Most of them are average, or have flaws, or overpriced.

If I were to shop for a new board today, I'm lost.

11. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Same here. Save money then. Don't upgrade the PC, spend it on other things instead :whistle:

12. fapDaddy

fapDaddy Newbie

yea...it's christmas, buy a fancy looking casing and buy blink blink to decorate it :mrgreen:

13. Chai

Which I did! :haha:

14. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I think their spark kinda dimmed after he left.