DELL S2409W monitor problem. Power button won't work

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by azink769, Feb 2, 2009.

1. azink769

azink769 Newbie

Hi guys,
    I just got a new DELL XPS computer system. I got the S2409W 24" flat panel monitor with the system.

It worked great until..... Today, I tried to turn the monitor off via pressing the white, glowing, power button. Nothing happened.

The only way I can get the monitor to turn off is to unplug it.

Shutting down makes the screen go black and the power light go yellowish.. But i still can't press it to make the screen actually turn completely off.

Is this a unique problem? or is this common with the S2409W?

thanks for any help in advance!

andrew

2. azink769

azink769 Newbie

any help at all??

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, you could actually ring up dell and enquire bout the issue..maybe the lcd might b faulty ;D how long did you actually use the monitor?

4. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

The power button is damaged. You can contact Dell and ask for a replacement :)

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I experienced a similar problem (only in reverse - it wouldn't turn on) with my Dell 2407WFP monitor TWICE... I have no idea why but that 24" monitor has a really fragile power button. My Dell 20" monitor never had the same problem... :wall: :wall:

The solution is simple. Call Dell up and have them ship you a replacement. :thumb:

6. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Hmm. I also have the S2409W and don't have such problems. Maybe you have a lemon unit? Perhaps you could call up Dell. After all, they provide on-site warranty service. :D

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

my school has dell LCDs. i dont think we encountered such problems before. usually is loose power cables ;p

8. Adrian Wong

I think they do have a problem with the power button. When I called them up about the power button going dead on me (TWICE!), they sounded like it was a pretty common thing. The solution was easy though - next day replacement by courier. :thumb:

9. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

wow. common problem? oh no. i'm scared now. :shifty:

10. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I almost never use the power button on the monitor.

11. Adrian Wong

Hehe.. Well, I leave my computers on most of the time and turn off the monitor often to save power. :D

12. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

I turn off monitor to improve life span.

13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

Well I almost never use the power button... But I do have windows do it for me. 15m inactive then SS. 15m more then the monitor goes sleepy.:) Wiggle mouse, back on then.:)

14. Adrian Wong

Yeah, that too! :D