cpu heatsink and fan for e6850 lga 775

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by coolwhip, Feb 27, 2009.

1. coolwhip

coolwhip Newbie

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Thermalright of course. :mrgreen:

3. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme :D

4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Thermalright for performance but the Zalman should be quieter, I think.

5. Chai

If you get the right fan, Thermalright can be quieter, since Zalman comes with crappy fans.

6. Zenphic

Zenphic Newbie

Worse is how difficult they are difficult to replace if something goes wrong!

Better go with a Thermalright and get a low spinning fan like a Nexus 1000 RPM

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Ah, that is very true. I had to scrap a Zalman cooler some time ago when I accidentally killed the fan while cleaning it. :wall: :wall:

8. coolwhip

coolwhip Newbie

well thx for the info but i already ordered that thermalright but if its to loud for me i'll end up replacing the fan part....
    ty

9. Chai

Thermalright doesn't come with a fan. You have to get a 120mm fan separately.

10. coolwhip

coolwhip Newbie

well when i went to ncix.com they had 2 options.. the thermalright without a fan and the thermalright with a fan option.. so i chose the fan it came with

11. coolwhip

coolwhip Newbie

Well i got the thermalright today and it came with the fan attached to it.. I didn't think it was going to be that big lol.. but besides that it was a painnn to put on.. i had to take the motherboard out of the case in order to get the heatsink on... but besides that part being a pain to install im happy with it.. at least a 7 degree C difference right away but havent really tested with it yet..

12. g0tanks

g0tanks Newbie

7 degrees on idle or load?

Because it can do a lot better than that versus a stock cooler..

13. Chai

7C looks like idle to me, especially since he hasn't really tested it.

14. coolwhip

coolwhip Newbie

yea 7C was idle.... when i tested the cpu at 100% it didn't go above 45C and when i tested it at full load with my old HSF it went to 67C... so a big difference it made... Im happy with it.. and the fan it came with is actually really quiet... the only annoying part was putting the heatsink on the motherboard.

15. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

Hmm,it should actually have huge temp difference right compare to stock? Btw which thermalpaste did you actually used?I'll actually recommend getting the Tuniq TX-2. it works and it's pretty decent :D

16. generalRage1982hrv

generalRage1982hrv ARP Reviewer

heh
    sorry but that is not a truth
    zalman haves great coolers with great fans
    i have 9500LED B , 9700LED B and i have installd many Thermalthake, Thermalright and rest of coolers
    and i can say that Zalman is great one

17. Chai

It is true. Zalman fans might be quiet to you, but it's certainly not the quietest fans. And Zalman is not exactly cheap, especially considering the performance vs Thermalright.

Just go to SPCR.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  18. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Good choice :thumb: