Max Flies To Aussieland! :)

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I didn't know the economy was so bad over there. The last time I asked some Aussie migrants, they were telling me just how inflated the property prices were. :shock:

BTW, I just heard from Max. He's still trying to get his Internet connection up. He's currently stuck using the campus connection which is heavily firewalled and restricted. I really pity him. Heh... :D

2. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Yooo!

Yeah I'm still stuck here without my own internet connection. I'm using UniSA's connection right now which blocks almost everything and they charge $7 for 1GB of data transfer :haha:

I just applied for a phone line last week but still no news until now. It is still not confirmed that whether my place has ADSL or not because Mawson Lakes area is famous for not having ADSL available :haha: For some reason Telstra decided to wire most of the phone line here to RIM, which doesn't support ADSL. And I heard they call here technology park. Epic LMAO.

Oh and the most ridiculous thing is, I must apply for a phone line first before I can find out whether my place has ADSL or not.

Aussieland = leecher's nightmare

3. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

It's okay, don't worry about it :p

Thanks!

I managed to survive for about 2-3 weeks without leeching stuff which is not so fun :haha: and now I am surfing with auto image loading disabled.

That's what I thought to cause she said: "Do you have any ero in your laptop?... which is okay~" :haha:

4. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Hey once you get your phone line, go to Whirlpool Broadband News for help with choosing an ISP, etc. Great resource :thumb:

If you can get your neighbour's phone number you can put it in first and check if there's ADSL in your area :p

5. Adrian Wong

Hey, that's a good idea! Check your neighbour's number.

6. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

I think I will scare them if I suddenly go around asking for their number :haha:

My laptop managed to pick up quite a few wireless AP here so I think I should be able to get ADSL here.

7. Adrian Wong

Just pretend you wanna ask them out for a date! :twisted:

8. starboykb

starboykb Newbie

you cant be serious right. if they are mens....

9. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Australians can be very open :wicked:

10. ToyotaFreak

ToyotaFreak Just Started

+1

heheh

*Hugs Max_87*

11. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Are they really that open?? :haha:

If I knock on the next door and they happened to be girls, then it's biasa (normal) la... I don't mind if they want to reject me or whatever. I'm JUST asking for her phone number so that I can check the ADSL condition! :D

But... I still can't ask the same thing ON a guy. I can easily ask a girl for her phone number, but not on a guy! :haha:

12. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

That would be a quick ticket to getting a free demonstration of the effectiveness of pepper spray.... :mrgreen:

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

LMAO! That's a good one!

14. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Good news: My neighbour has phone line and ADSL! YAY! Got attacked by pepper spray when I asked for their phone number :mrgreen: but that was worth it.

Now i just need to get the phone line connected, cost around 200+ for the phone line and 60 for the connection fee. Luckily the landlord will pay for the 200+. The phone line is "gone" for some reason because it hasn't been used for a few years.

leechleechleech!

15. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

*Hugs TF*

:lol:

16. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO max. Did you wear swimming goggles or something... :lol:

17. The_YongGrand

Make sure that pepper-spray ain't the ones with those resin thingy - they stick like mad!! :haha:

Well at least you secured an internet connection! But, I don't think Australia's allowing torrents though - they might have cappings or stuff. Or it doesn't? :think:

18. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Not yet, but at least now I know it's available here :thumb: Most ISP allow torrents and don't throttle the traffic, but the thing is almost all their plans are bandwidth capped... you can only download so much until your speed is slowed down to typically 64kbps or 128kbps. Still it's better than using my uni's internet connection: they charge $7 per GB :lol: and almost every ports are blocked except 80.

Went to Telstra just now and applied for a phone line :mrgreen: Hopefully it will be connected ASAP.

19. The_YongGrand

OOo I see. Telstra, if I'm not mistaken, could be the major ISP in Australia. Last time I went Brisbane, these telco is all over the place. Might be some promotion when I was there. :whistle:

I heard that there's many many other ISPs too but not sure whether they are available throughout Australia, or only just a particular region.

20. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Yup, Telstra Bigpond to be specific. Still the biggest ISP although their plans are very costly and has low bandwidth cap compared to other ISPs like TPG, Netspace, SuperNerd, Adam, etc. Not really surprising cause they are in charge of laying the phone lines like Telekom. Not getting ADSL from Telstra, just the phone line :mrgreen: