Modding the Video RAM of my Laptop

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by martypastor, Dec 5, 2008.

1. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

yes it all depends on if the laptop will allow him to change it but really its a pointless as it won't yield a fps increase in games as that chip is fail at 3d games...

2. kayFX

kayFX Newbie

but adding ram would be a nice choice rather than bothering the video memory.. adding ram would increase the laptop performance (beside gaming of course).. talking about ram i just bought 1Gb of DDR2 ram for my laptop for rm36 only from PC Fair yesterday.. so cheap ram nowadays.. :faint:

3. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

but his is DDR and also most probably can support 1GB only

Last edited: Dec 14, 2008
  4. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

nah, it's the same mobo that i had on my previous laptop running IE2 :p..supports max 2gb.

5. dethalis

dethalis Newbie

more ram will increase overall system responsivness but will not help with gaming at all as i said before IIntel Graphics are huge failures at gaming graphics.. Don't bother with it...

6. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

well, at least for some games it will still improve a bit due to more vram available to the card..not everyone can afford a better gpu though..after ram are so cheap these days..no harm in adding more ram :)

7. lee_what2004

DDR also cheaper?

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

no, DDR is more expensive than DDR2. approximately twice the price of DDR2 for the same amount of memory.

9. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

And you can't get 2GB modules, not easy.

10. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

2gb modules? sodimm ddr2 or ddr? if ddr i think totally none :lol: price of ddr ram are quite costly as they are about to die out next year? Since ddr3 will be mainstream :D

11. Chai

For DDR, yes.

12. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

totally none =.=..they don't exist for ddr1. i was referring to 2x1gb though..

13. lee_what2004

I think it would be hard to find 1GB DDR now + expensive

14. funkyguy_pap

funkyguy_pap Newbie

hey i have 632 mb of ram and want to increase graphic memory from 32 mb to 200 mb help me as soon as possible

help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help

15. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

you cant do that unless its TurboCache or HyperMemory enabled graphic cards. Where they share system memory (RAM).

what graphic card do you have ?

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Well, depends on the laptop - certain settings of the BIOS *actually* allows one to tune up or down the shared video memory, generally from 8mb to the maximum amount available (256mb?).:mrgreen:

17. Chai

Before we help, I'm just wondering, do you know how to use a forum?

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

HEY! Please STOP double-posting and hijacking other people's threads.

I've already allowed you to do that ONCE here - http://forums.techarp.com/general-hardware/24852-advice-graphic-card-2.html and even replied to it. But please STOP doing it over and over again!