Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Details

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Microsoft last provided a service pack for their Office 2007 suite of applications in early December 2007. Since then, they have been providing Office 2007 users with regular updates and patches, albeit available only through Windows Update or Office Update. It was more than about time for Microsoft to release a new service pack that would compile all patches released since Office 2007 Service Pack 1.

On November 20, 2008, Microsoft's Office Client marketing group informed their OEM customers that Microsoft would be making the 2007 Microsoft Office System Service Pack 2 (SP2) available to them in late May 2009. This article is based on that announcement, as well as recently obtained internal documents. Like our other exposes on Microsoft, we will be updating this article as and when we receive updated information, so be sure to check back often!

[​IMG]

Link : Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Details

2. noel_pg3

noel_pg3 Newbie

any chance of Microsoft releasing Office 2007 SP2 at the end of April 2009? so far Microsoft has been recently quiet about its release schedule and the month of April is almost here.

I sense a delay in the release of Office 2007 SP2.

3. Adrian Wong

So far no change in the schedule. We will let you know once we have something more concrete. :beer:

4. noel_pg3

noel_pg3 Newbie

5. Adrian Wong

That's okay, noel. It's not a race. ;)

But I'm glad someone confirmed that our source(s) was/were correct yet again. :thumb:

After all, we did say way back in February that "The Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 is currently scheduled for release between February and April 2009." :beer:

6. noel_pg3

noel_pg3 Newbie

no probs, Adrian, although some one else made a much more accurate prediction & giving an actual release date.

anyway, Office 2007 SP2 has been released this afternoon of April 28 (pacific time).

7. Adrian Wong

Nice!! Time for an update!! Thanks! :thumb:

8. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

nice. updating office on my desktop now. will update my laptop later. :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

It just popped up on my Automatic Updates today. Must be a tiered release on AU.

10. Adrian Wong

Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Details Rev. 1.1

Microsoft last provided a service pack for their Office 2007 suite of applications in early December 2007. Since then, they have been providing Office 2007 users with regular updates and patches, albeit available only through Windows Update or Office Update. It was more than about time for Microsoft to release a new service pack that would compile all patches released since Office 2007 Service Pack 1.

Service Pack 2 for Office 2007 has been released! Get your Office 2007 installation updated today!

[​IMG]

Link : Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Details Rev. 1.1

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  11. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

weird...dunno what thing cause my asus notebook to refused to charge it's battery..i notice it's after updating to Office SP2 :haha:

12. Adrian Wong

Really? Well, what's the charge level like?

AFAIK, most notebooks will not charge the battery until it has dropped below a certain threshold, e.g. 95%.

13. Adrian Wong

Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Details Rev. 2.0

Microsoft has announced the RTM of Microsoft Office 2007 SP2! Check out the RTM details and find out what's new and hot in Office 2007 SP2!

[​IMG]

Link : Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 Details Rev. 2.0

14. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

seems like after installed SP2, I got some problem on zooming in powerpoint, sometimes.
    for example, the current zoom is 50%, then I slide to 60%, click the slide, it will revert to 50% and redo also the same,
    or other case, the zoom percentage become 80%-96%-100%-110%
    it just won't run into 90%, even if I manage to slide it to 90%, it will revert back to 96% :wall:
    The only solution is to slide the zoom from 400% to 0% couple times then it went back normal :think:

15. Adrian Wong

Wow.. That is odd. I just tried it out on PowerPoint but I didn't get the same problem. :think:

16. lee_what2004

odd indeed. Seems like only occur in .ppt for now but not always, like 3 in 10 times opening ppt.
    Another weird thing happened,
    as I was intended to reformat xp since everytime I open any office document without the program started,
    will have a delay around 5 seconds, I couldn't scroll the document,
    and cpu usage for example, winword.exe would go up 50% for that 5 seconds.
    After that if I open other document, it will be instant to be used,
    but if I closed all winword.exe and open document, the delay is back.
    Yesterday, I ran microsoft bootvis, and unrelevantly, the delay dissappeared :faint:

17. Adrian Wong

Did you scan your computer for malware??

18. lee_what2004

Yes, I did.
    I'm pretty confident in keeping a system clean of those ;)

19. Adrian Wong

What about hard disk defragmentation?

20. lee_what2004

done.
    using jkdefrag and pagedefrag and ntregopt for registry defrag.
    Document files I do keep in separate partition with slow data movement.