unlock x2 7750be to quad

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Cooling & Modding' started by PowerSlide, Apr 28, 2009.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

anyone got this chip and successfully unlock it to quad? :thumb:

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Intel user here. :p Did you manage to unlock it?

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Whoa... is it for real? But how about the stability? Usually those "disabled" cores are unstable...

Meanwhile, in the days of Athlon XP (or any 462), they did actually unlock the extra cache but not sure whether they did report anything on it... :haha:

4. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

chai,

i dont own one but not many ppl have success, very much batch dependent..if most are success i would get one to play with :p

yong,

real or not no idea..just some screenie from a korean dude in which they also found unlocking amd's x3 :thumb:

[​IMG]

my sis's x3 710 unlock to quad, enable ACC in bios and wallaa become a quad :thumb:

5. The_YongGrand

Is is using a software, or using a hardware level programming to actually unlock it? Wow! :thumbs:

For stability... I guess they really need to go thru those Prime testing to confirm that this actually works 100%. :)

6. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Is it really worth it? Is X4 that much more expensive? :lol:

7. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yong,

just enable ACC in bios, but only works on mobo with SB750 only and better luck with biostar mobo

havent really tested, after fixing done everything my sis dont let me play anymore :mrgreen:

chai,

x3 710 cost RM460 when i bought for my sis, the cheapest phenom 2 quad is X4 810 ard RM600++

worth or not maybe depends how much we really wana spend :haha:

8. The_YongGrand

I guess they have actually sold some 2nd-hand low-end x4s for the price of RM280. You might get this one if it's *really* cheap enough, and pair up with a high-end AM2+/3 board and a truckload of DDR2 RAM. :thumb:

9. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

X4 9150e at-the-other forum goes below RM300..its value for money for a quad although its slow

couple with a cheap asrock mobo and and a hd4770 i think is a good low budget gaming rig :thumb:

all this while i never bought a mobo costing over RM400 :mrgreen: i see that high end mobo has too much feature that i dont need..but asus doing clearance on their crosshair 2 formula (high end with 780a chipset) to around RM500++ which is soo tempting..end up i didnt get it either..im too stingy to spend RM500++ on a mobo :haha:

10. The_YongGrand

Wait until they start having discounts, or EOL (end-of-life) discounts, then that'll be even more cheaper than cheap! :haha:

I agree with that pairings though - it might give a very good HTPC too! :)