Introducing Ryan Wong!

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, May 23, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Finally found time to edit some photos I took of my son, Ryan.

Yes, after much deliberation, Jenny and I decided to name him Ryan Wong. We initially selected Asher, but many felt it sounded like Ashes. :wall:

So we went through a bunch of names, from the common (like Brandon, Roy) to the rarer ones (like Caden, Heschel). We actually SMSed the list to all our family and friends and charted the most popular names. :haha: :haha:

In the end, Ryan won the "contest", although we didn't actually name him so just because more people preferred it over the other names.

Probably the biggest boost for his name came from my cousin, Raymond who reasoned, "I vote for Ryan. Simple and easy to pronounce. Ryan also means "little king". It will give your child the courage to be "king" in everything he does."

Wow...

Without further ado, here are some pictures of him. :mrgreen:

2. Adrian Wong

May 2nd, 2009 - D-Day!

We were supposed to leave for Melaka later in the morning, but Jenny's "water" broke at 3 am! Arghh... two weeks before the expected delivery date. :lol:

No rush though. We headed off to the Ampang Hospital, where Jenny last worked. It's new, and being a staff there has its privileges. ;)

#1 - Jenny's waiting in the labour room. Unfortunately, I missed the delivery. :wall: I left for home (after waiting for almost 10 hours) when they told her os was just 4 cm in diameter. After I scooted home, they induced her labour and she gave birth to Ryan at 2:36 pm. By the time I rushed back, everything was over...

#2 - Ryan has landed on planet Earth! :D

#3 - Auntie San San and Ryan

#4 - That's me looking at Ryan

#5 - Jenny resting with Ryan at her bedside

Attached Files:

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

awww .. like father like son.

4. Adrian Wong

Ryan @ Day 4

May 5, 2009 - Ryan @ Day 4

Ryan seemed to be doing okay the first few days, although it was a really hectic time for both of us. We never really seemed to sleep at all!

Unfortunately, we noticed that he was developing jaundice, getting yellower by the day. The next day, we took him directly to the Ampang Hospital NICU unit where they started him on phototherapy for the next 4 days.

Frankly, having a kid really changes you. I didn't think I would feel this way BEFORE he was born, but once you have your own child in your hands, it really, REALLY changes you. Needless to say, I spent the last 2-3 weeks almost entirely on Ryan.

Here are some pictures of him on Day 4. You can see that he's pretty yellow.

Incidentally, he just came back from Ampang Hospital, where he stayed a night for another round of phototherapy. We were monitoring his TSB (total serum bilirubin) levels regularly and it suddenly spiked. So, off he went to "Hotel" Ampang for more suntanning.

Attached Files:

5. Adrian Wong

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

May 12, 2009 - Happy Belated Mother's Day!

My parents came down to visit us again, and help take care of Ryan. Took the opportunity to celebrate mother's day, albeit a slightly belated one. :haha:

Attached Files:

6. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Congrats! :thumb:

Well, he looks like you! :)

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Time flies... When I knew Adrian, he was still studying in India. Now he's already a father!

8. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

A miracle:)

:hug: He looks just like you two's.:) :clap: :hug:

9. cypris

cypris Newbie

so cute and teeenyy!!! xD xD

10. Adrian Wong

Thanks, guys! Will have more pictures later. :thumb:

My parents are on their way here again. Will be picking them up from the train station in the morning. It's going to be another busy time! :haha:

11. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

So cute!!! Congrats on your bundle of JOY! :clap:

12. Adrian Wong

Thanks, Ishtim!! :beer:

13. Max_87

Max_87 huehuehue

Congrats! :beer:

He looks like you! :D

14. Adrian Wong

Thanks!! :beer:

Too bad you are not in town...

15. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

Hello to Ryan! :wave:
    you must be very excited :mrgreen:

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

He's the future engineer!! :D :thumbs:

17. Adrian Wong

Indeed I am. :D

LOL! I didn't expect to feel this way though, TBH. It completely changed when he actually "arrived". :haha:

18. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

congrats adrian!!!! u look REALLY fatherly now :hug:

19. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

congrats!
    i agree Ryan sounds nice and simple and it does rhyme abit with adrian :p

20. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Happy father's day in advance :D

You should name in "Ryan Wong 2.0 Beta" though :p