It's been a really bad day...

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Sorry, guys, but I may not be around much these days... and it is very possible that the Tech ARP BBQ (http://forums.techarp.com/community-projects/25541-2009-techarp-bbq-back.html) we have been planning may have to be postponed / cancelled.

Early yesterday morning, Jenny suddenly complained of a severe headache and within minutes, collapsed and started vomiting. I knew right away it was dead serious. I immediately called for an ambulance but bloody Maxis wouldn't connect me to 999! :mad:

Ended up using my landline to call for help. Unfortunately, the ambulance didn't know how to get here. I went out looking for it, and the ambulance crew and hospital kept trying to call me but guess what - Maxis kept dropping my calls!!! :mad: :mad: My phone even went "off" the Maxis network several times!

In the end, I had to drive back to my house to give directions on the land line. Finally managed to meet the ambulance on the second trip out. By then, it was already what.. over 40-50 minutes since my first call? :wall: :wall:

She finally arrived at the Sungai Buloh hospital where they discovered she had cerebral haemorrhage, so she underwent an emergency operation to remove the blood and clots, to relieve the pressure in her skull.

She finally came out late last night... and is currently in the ICU. They didn't manage to get much out, only about 20%, and there's a chance of a rebleed... so I guess things aren't as rosy as we hoped it would be. But we will still hope and pray for the best.

I guess the moral of the story is that life is short and fragile.

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I am sorry to hear that boss, I hope she recovers as soon as possible.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

3. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

Hope Jenny gets well soon. Will pray for her speedy recovery.

4. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

I will pray for you and Jenny. May she recover rapidly!

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

6. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

please get well soon! :pray:

7. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Shocking news. :( :pray: for her...

8. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I will keep you guys in my prayers... :pray:

9. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hope she gets well soon. Let's pray for the better health. :pray: :pray: :pray:

10. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

:pray: :pray: :pray:

hope she gets well soon.

11. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

My prayers to her....:pray: :pray: :pray:

Hope she get well soon.

Seriously Maxis is terrible nowadays. It's very bad when there is emergency and your phone doesn't work.

12. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and Jenny...

Btw, i tot for handphone the emergency number is 112. You don't even need a sim card to call that number. It will use any operator with signal ...

13. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, are you sure it's not a phone issue?

14. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

OMG!!!:shock:

I hope for the best Adrian, My thought's will be for you guys!:pray: :pray: :pray:

15. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Oh dear, so sorry to hear that. Hope everything will be fine :(

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

Hope everything will be fine. Be strong Adrian!

17. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Adrian... our prayers are with Jenny and you...:pray: :pray: :pray:

Anyways. For the rest, let me share some updates from Adrian. He's been keeping me posted.

on MSN, Oct 21
    (10:04:40 PM) peaz: hey. how's things man
    (10:05:10 PM) awsh: hey..
    (10:05:56 PM) awsh: things aren't too rosy but we are hoping
    (10:06:56 PM) peaz: ic. our thoughts are with you man
    (10:07:05 PM) awsh: thanks
    (10:07:59 PM) peaz: have the doctors figured out what happened? are you there at the hospital now?
    (10:10:06 PM) awsh: no just got back
    (10:10:11 PM) awsh: no free wifi at the hospital
    (10:10:14 PM) peaz: ic
    (10:10:29 PM) awsh: well we know it's an arteriovenous malformation which ruptured

Via SMSes
    Oct 22, 9.27am
    "Looks like she'll be in the ICU for at least a week before they do any further tests. She may have difficulty talking and some memory loss, hope only temporary."

"Just spoke to dr saiful and dr azhari. They say the clot is a little smaller and there's no rebleed so the plan now is to keep her on cerebral resuscitation for about a week before doing angio. Based on the location there may be aphasia and some memory loss. Hopefully nothing permanent."

Oct 22, 5.33pm
    "jenny's uncle and i had a good talk with the ICU team. she's still in a critical stage with the cerebral oedema still on the high side but she's stable and they are optimistic. Of course everything depends on how well she progresses these few days. The ICU team seems top notch so we're hopeful."

Guys. Keep praying for Boss and Jenny. :pray: :pray: :pray:

18. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Oh, thanks for posting the updates, man. Just came in here to post them myself.

Looks like we are in for the long haul... These few days will be touchy, but the ICU team is keeping a close eye on her and they have succeeded in keeping her stable so far.

With luck, her cerebral oedema (brain swelling) will reduce in 2-3 days. Then they can wean her off the double sedation she's on and wake her up to assess her condition.

After that, I think they will either look into fixing the AVM and removing the rest of the clot, or opt to let her clot slowly resolve over 6-8 weeks before doing another angio and then deciding what to do about the AVM.

We are hoping she pulls through these few days... then things will be a lot safer. After that, we can hope that the damage was minimal and/or temporary.

So far, Ryan has been pretty good. He didn't cry as much as I would expect him to. Probably because we have so many people to "entertain him". However, he keeps looking around for Jenny, turning his head left and right and back again all the time.

Anyway, I will be heading over to check on her and get updated on her condition. Hope things are better today. I really appreciate all your kind wishes. It's really helping us think positively.

19. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Let's pray for the speedy recovery and get well soon! :pray:

20. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

We'll continue to pray for jenny and you and hope she get well soon!