Tech ARP 2009 Desktop Memory Giveaway Contest

Discussion in 'Contests!' started by Adrian Wong, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hi, I sent it on the 3rd (as mentioned above). It was sent by registered mail, so I'm not sure if it's trackable.

2. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Yeap, it's trackable !

Got my parcel and went to Pos website to track it, just for the sake of fun.

Anyhow, thanks Adrian ! Those RAMS surely got the best shock absorber around, being wrapped by 2 T-Shirts.

I could hardly find it at first, I thought you ommitted the RAM LOL

I have some weird issues pairing the RAM with my existing Team Elite RAM. Occasionally, when I power up the PC, the fans will all run, then the PC will suddenly OFF by itself, wait 2 seconds, and it power up again, then after 2 seconds, OFF by itself, it keep on looping. Of course, nothing shows on the screen at all.

My current RAM and this OCZ RAM both have heatsinks, and seems like they are in contact with each other, surely it couldn't be short circuiting right?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  3. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Memory voltage, timings? If the voltage is not the same it could lead to issues like the ones you mentioned.

4. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

The Team Elite RAM is running on 5-5-5-15 and this OCZ on 4-4-4-15.

Both running on PC2-6000 (400) according to CPU-Z.

Right now, the problem has not happened anymore, at least for now

5. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

not yet received....

6. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

7. Adrian Wong

That's weird! They should not have any problem co-existing... if you set the RAM settings to Auto in the BIOS. Did you do that?

8. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

9. Adrian Wong

If it's trackable, then yes, you should be able to track your parcel.

However, tracking is never really reliable, not even from the US. Once we had a package sent over from the US... and the tracking showed that it went up a plane and disappeared while flying over the Pacific Ocean! :shock:

The package turned up over a month later. They apparently made a mistake and shipped it by SEA. But for some reason, they tagged it as having gone into the plane. That's why it "disappeared" in mid-flight - they couldn't find the package when it landed! :nuts: :wall: :wall:

10. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Right now, they seems to be running without any issue, 2 days already without problem. Made no settings changes at all. CPU-Z detected all 4 RAMS, running at timing of 5-5-5-15

But I really didn't understand why I had the weird issue for the first time, where it powers up, and 2 seconds later, off, and 2 seconds later, power up, and it loops.

11. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Maybe because the old memory was too grumpy when it saw the new memory installed :)

12. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Apparently, when I swapped the RAM slots, the occurence of this problem is lesser.

13. Adrian Wong

Glad they are working now! :thumb:

14. lee_what2004

a bit weird, still haven't received any till today...

15. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Patient dude, rest assured it would have been sent.

Once a parcel from Taiwan took 2 months to arrive !! Ironically I sent an email to Taiwan 'scolding' them as I thought they never send the parcel.

The next day, I received an IDD call assuring me the parcel has been sent, and 2 days later, the courier company call.

16. Adrian Wong

That's odd! I was told it would take only 3-5 working days to send it to Melaka.

Please make sure your apartment allows a direct delivery to YOU. They may have delivered it to your unit but someone else may have collected it "on your behalf". :think:

17. lee_what2004

well, its always the management collect the package.
    Already gone there couple times, none to be found for me.

18. Adrian Wong

That's really weird. Okay, let's give it until Tuesday to account for the holidays. If it doesn't reach by Tuesday, we will try to track it down.

19. lee_what2004

sure
    (10 char)

20. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.