The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide!

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The guide has just been updated! :wave:

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to over 90 workstation graphics cards.

We hope this comparison will provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various workstation graphics cards in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates!

Here are the updates :-

[​IMG]

Link : The Workstation GPU Comparison Guide Rev. 4.1!

2. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.1

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to over 90 workstation graphics cards.

We hope this comparison will provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various workstation graphics cards in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates.

Here are the updates:-
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.1

3. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.2

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 103 workstation graphics cards.

We hope this comparison will provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various workstation graphics cards in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete. We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates.

[​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.2

4. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.3

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 107 workstation graphics cards.

[​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.3

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.4

We has just updated the comparison guide! :wave:

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 112 workstation graphics cards.

Here are the latest updates in Revision 5.4 :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.4

6. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.5

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 111 workstation graphics cards.

Here are the latest updates in Revision 5.5 :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.5

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.6

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 115 workstation graphics cards.

Here are the latest updates in Revision 5.6 :-
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.6

8. Adrian Wong

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.7

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 121 workstation graphics cards.

Here are the latest updates in Revision 5.7 :
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.7

9. Adrian Wong

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.8

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 121 workstation graphics cards.

Here are the latest updates in Revision 5.8 :
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.8

10. emxpert

emxpert Newbie

"Full List" incomplete for Nvidia workstation GPUs

clicking on the "Full List" link for Nvidia workstation GPUs actually brings you to only a partial list (starting from "core speed"). This is basically just the "card performance" section of the split list.

All of the other "full list" links seem to work fine.

11. Adrian Wong

Ah... Looks like we accidentally overwrote it with the wrong file. Will update the list and correct the mistake. Thanks for the heads-up! :thumb:

12. Adrian Wong

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.9

Here are the latest updates in Revision 5.9 :
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 5.9

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  13. Adrian Wong

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 6.0

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 124 workstation graphics cards.

Here are the latest updates in Revision 6.0 :
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 6.0

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
  14. Adrian Wong

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 6.1

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 126 workstation graphics cards.

Here are the latest updates in Revision 6.1 :
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 6.1

15. Adrian Wong

Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 6.2

These days, there are so many workstation graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations. Therefore, we decided to compile this comprehensive guide to 126 workstation graphics cards.

Here are the latest updates in Revision 6.2 :
    [​IMG]

Link : Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev. 6.2

16. NJboy

NJboy Newbie

Definitions?

Can you suggest a resource for someone who has no idea what most of the terms in the specs mean? I can guess what some of them sort of mean, but not to the extent that I can use the guide to actually compare two cards I'm considering for my build. Thanks.

17. Adrian Wong

Normally, I would just try Googling, or checking on Wikipedia, but you can also ask here. What terms do you need to know about?

18. NJboy

NJboy Newbie

Definitions

Can I just say "all of them"?

Seriously, my problem is that I'm trying to choose between a FirePro V5800 and a Quadro FX 1800, and I can't decipher what the numbers in the chart are telling me. I have looked up the meaning of some of the terms, but I still can't determine the overall significance of each of them in making a comparison. I'm building a machine for 3D modelling and rendering (mostly Maya). The chart shows the ATI card far ahead on things like memory speed (1000 MHz vs 800), bandwidth (64 GB/s vs 38.4) and fill rate (28k Mtexels/s vs 17.6--whatever a Mtexel is), but the Nvidia card wins the memory bus width contest (192 to 128 bits). In addition, I've gotten the impression that Nvidia's experience (inc. drivers?) in workstation cards (vs consumer gaming cards) adds a substantial but unquantifiable advantage to their cards.

I've only found about a $50 difference in the price of the cards right now, so I'd like to just pick one based on the specs. And that's what led me here.

Any input you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

19. Adrian Wong

Ignore the clock rate and memory bus width. I would just concentrate on these specs :

- Geometry Rate
    - Fill Rate
    - Memory Bandwidth

NVIDIA does have a leg up with applications that support CUDA, but only those apps will benefit from an NVIDIA graphics card.

20. NJboy

NJboy Newbie

Thanks for your advice, Dr. Wong. I truly appreciate the quick response.