Kia / Naza Forte

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Jan 3, 2010.

1. goldfries

goldfries www.goldfries.com

who cares about resale value if you don't plan to sell off the car any time soon? :)

my friend bought a used Alfa Romeo, can't remember what model la but it was a good buy for him because the car has poor resale value. :D

what's the point spending RM 69k for Toyota Vios J?

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, exactly. If you are so worried, just get a second hand car. They are usually much cheaper than brand new, even if they are only a few years old.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm not worried about resale value... I'm driving a Korean car, remember? :D

4. Adrian Wong

BTW, the dealer told me that the 1.6 L models will be available in a month's time - so I guess it will be ready before Chinese New Year.

However, the 2L model will only be here after Chinese New Year.

5. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Well.. rumours is that 2.0 cars will be subjected to the new petrol price

6. Adrian Wong

Well, in truth, 2.0L engines are actually slightly below 2.0L in capacity, so they will probably not be affected. I believe the government will continue to keep 2.0L as the max engine size entitled to petrol subsidy.

IMHO, if the government is truly into green technology as it claims to be, they should revamp the road tax + petrol subsidy. Instead of taxing cars and allocating subsidies based on engine capacity, they should do so based on exhaust emission levels!

Think about it - lower emission vehicles would be entitled to cheaper petrol and lower taxes, while vehicles polluting the air would be punished by more expensive petrol and higher road taxes. The road tax can also be part of the cost of petrol, so the more you use, the more you pay!

With that said, I'm actually for the removal of petrol subsidies... but with the caveat that there should also be a removal of highway tolls. Don't give me the bullshit about the high cost of maintaining the highways - that's why we pay road tax!!!!

Back to topic... has anyone test-driven the Forte yet???

7. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

I heard a lot of good things about the Forte. Looks really good for a Korean car too. :thumb:

8. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

Finally found something about cars... haha
    14km/l... that's like music to my ears.
    Even my Nissan Bluebird reach about like 8km/l as of now. 11km/l in the beginning, 18 years ago.
    But sadly... the max speed i can reach now is 90km/h.
    Don't dare to actually go faster due to the shaking of the windscreen... and also afraid that the frame of the car cannot withstand the force.

9. Chai

I saw Kia Forte on the road (SG plate), it's surprisingly small.

10. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Anyone can confirm the FC is 14km/litre?

On highway? For 2.0 or 1.6 model?

11. Chai

14km/l is my car. :haha:

12. SkylineRemix

SkylineRemix Newbie

hahaha...

13. Adrian Wong

LOL!! I think they are claiming fuel consumption of 7L per 100 km. That translates to about 14.3 km/L. Very good, if it's true.

That's the FC for the 1.6L model. Not sure about the 2.0L model... :think:

14. Chai

If that's their claim, deduct about 2km/l, that should be just average for 1.6L. Haha.

15. Adrian Wong

The average FC reported by users is about 1 km/L lower, at 13.3 km/L.

Not sure if that is based only on the 1.6L model, or also covers the 2.0L model.

16. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Really, that's very good already !

17. Adrian Wong

Well, it's not a very large / heavy car. :D

But yeah, that's a pretty good FC. Should dispel the myth that Korean cars all have bad FC. :D

18. Chai

Something that is not easy to dispel. My father actually thought VW is a lousy manufacturer based on the old Beetle!

19. Adrian Wong

It will take time, but looking at how the Koreans are progressing, I think it's just a matter of time. They are quite unlike Proton... :haha:

20. Chai

But I will still avoid Korean cars. :haha: