wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

watched avatar today in a jam packed cinema even 2.35pm show..i thought im smart buying tix early but some ppl are smarter and earlier :haha:

btw..highly recommended..the best of 09..visual are superb so does the plot and whole story..2 hours++ feel so fast compare to other movie especially 2012 where i feel bored and sleepy after just 30min :mrgreen:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Had nothing to do while I stayed with Jenny at the hospital, so I went on a movie binge the last two days. :D

I watched :

Angels & Demons - Okay effort. Good watch if you never read the book. Quite disappointing if you did. Better than the Da Vinci Code though. But I honestly think Tom Hanks is a bad choice for Professor Langdon. He's a very good actor but he's just not the type. :hand:

Batman : The Dark Knight - Heath Ledger was certainly very good in this movie. Plenty of action, plenty of twists. Very good movie. Long movie too, so go to the toilet first!

The Final Destination 4 - Entertaining flick, but we already know the story. There's nothing new in this movie, if you are wondering. If you have already seen the previous 3 movies, it's just more of the same, so it's mainly about enjoying the ride. :D

Star Trek - Woohooo!! What a movie! Plenty of action with a good story, but unfortunately, a little thin on physics... but what the heck, it's still Star Trek! Zachary Quinto was superb as the young Spock but Chris Pine just didn't "look" the part of James T. Kirk. Must watch, nonetheless!! :thumb: :thumb:

X-Men Origins : Wolverine - The X-Men franchise sure is chugging along just fine. They just chalked up another great movie with this one. Must watch!

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Just watched also the "Mad Money"! Quite funny! :haha:

4. Adrian Wong

Just watched some triller flicks :

Exit Speed - No one really famous in this movie, but it's an okay watch... The story isn't what you expect at the beginning, and can be a little unbelievable, but if you got nothing better to do, it's a watchable movie.

Jennifer's Body - Her hotness, Megan Fox, is the main draw in this movie. No, you don't get to see her naked, although it is implied that some of the characters in the movie did - lucky bastards! It isn't scary or gross, it's more of a fun watch with some cheap scares along the way.

Also rewatched some older movies :

The Kingdom - An action-packed movie, with some thought-provoking thoughts thrown in about US vs. The Terrorist, and Saudi Arabia's part in the whole thing. At the very end, it is shown that both parties have the same thing in mind - "We will kill them all".

Saving Private Ryan - What a movie... Never ceased to be amazed by it, no matter how many times I watch it. Tom Hanks is truly in his element here, not as some half-believable, pseudo-hip professor slash part-time action hero in the Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons.

5. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The Invention of Lying - where everyone on the planet tells the truth (even tell everything's on their mind), sort of like speaking out loud, then some guy out of desperation, invented lying. And the rest is history... :mrgreen:

6. Adrian Wong

I just watched The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.

It was a really weird movie! It's quite funny here and there, with some interesting parts thrown in, but the movie was just "out there" and there are parts that just make you wonder, "What's going on???"

It's a great movie if you are of the "artistic" type. Otherwise, you will be bored to death.

7. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

In the loop: 8.5/10

it's a very funny show. question is, can you take the sarcasm?
    Highly recommended!

8. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

I just watched Moon, it is in my opinion great addition to science fiction/drama that is thoughtful like 2001: A Space Odyssey. :thumb:

9. Adrian Wong

I just watched Avatar in 3D. :thumb: :thumb:

What a movie. Great computer graphics and special effects although the 3D effect isn't as amazing as I thought it would be. Still, a very, very good effort by James Cameron. :thumb:

It actually made me think of Dances with Wolves. Not only the length of the movie but also the plot. Herein lies the problem - it lacks some originality.

The Na'vi are like a poorly-disguised combination of Native American and African cultures. But if you ignore that, it's a very good movie to watch. :thumb:

10. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I don't rate avatar to be a great movie. Graphics is awesome, yes, but the plot is so predictable, and why must the green monkey be represented in human form?

If you read dragon ball when you were young, I'm sure you know where James got this whole giant tree idea from :p Oh, and that wu hak hak hak ceremony under the tree, that's so "baraka" man. Baraka (1992)

It's copy & paste job all over the show :p boring! sorry!

11. Adrian Wong

It's great for its action sequences and graphics, but I agree, the plot is really a hack job. :haha:

Even the characters are poorly disguised amalgams of African and Native American people.

BTW, aren't the Na'vi blue in colour????

12. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

blue or green? Can't remember.

It started really well, and after 10 mins, I thought wow, finally a movie with a fresh plot.

mana tahu... hahahahahaha.. akhirnya ia masuk longkang pun

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  13. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

COLOUR BLIND!! .. lol .. is a smurf movie .. or Pocahontas blue film .. hehe

Check out image below ..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  14. The_YongGrand

Lol! My brother went to the cinema with his friend and watched Avatar, and guess what? He almost fell asleep and lost track of the story! :haha:

I still want to watch that Chipmunks 2, and I still want to watch the 90s classic TV shows. :haha:

15. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!!! Did James Cameron rip Avatar off Pocahontas???? :haha: :haha:

16. Adrian Wong

Well, Jenny fell asleep (yes, finally managed to force her out of the house!)... and babyangel got so dizzy she had to walk out of the cinema for a few minutes. :haha: :haha:

17. The_YongGrand

Lol, I didn't know babyangel is a she! :haha:

Well, I've not been watching cinemas for 5 years! 'Cause everytime I go there, I could fall asleep!

I should need to bring a pillow next time if my people dragged me to watch Avatar!

18. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

:haha:

19. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Finally watched Inglourious Basterds on DVD last night. What a movie! My heart was racing during the last bit coz I didn't know how it was going to end :haha:

20. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

Finally manage to watch Avatar...in 3D. Not bad, I would have preferred watching on IMAX but the price is too damn expensive.