Murder From The Grave

Discussion in 'Adrian Wong' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 24, 2007.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

I really hate cigarette smoke smells.

A trip to Sunway Pyramid's toilets are already enough for me. Eventhough it's clean, but some of the inconsiderate guys are puffing away happily and then 'fumigate' out those poor guys and non-smokers like me!!

2. marc

marc Team Tech ARP

IIANM, it is human nature to reject hazardous and pungent smells such as cigarette smoke.

No matter how anyone would think, even a heavy smoker has a natural tendency to dislike the smell of smoke.

Those that say they like the smell are just saying it because they are smokers and addicted.

3. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Good news is my aunt seems to be doing better, but I fear it's only temporary, as this kind of cancer responds well initially but has a very poor prognosis.

Still, I'll be praying for the VERY best. :pray:

4. cypris

cypris Newbie

Should ask them to watch Discovery Home & Health. There's one program called Who'll Age First or something like that. They'll show how much that person would / or have already aged compared to people who lead healthier lifestyles (e.g. don't smoke, don't drink, exercises, eat healthy blah blah) and they'll even do a visual analysis to show that person what they would look like in the future if they get on with their unhealthy lifestyles.

5. cypris

cypris Newbie

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

6. Adrian Wong

She made it to the wedding! :thumb:

I think she has already undergone 8 cycles of chemo? And she still looks strong! :thumb:

I just hope it's not just on the surface. :pray: :pray:

7. Adrian Wong

Sigh.. My aunt's at her deathbed now... :(

I just saw her last week and she was well enough to talk, watch TV, read the papers, and even walk and bathe herself.

Now, she's in the hospital, gasping for breath because her lungs have no space to expand due to pleural effusion (fluid in the space surrounding the lungs). They tried tapping some out, but it's not enough.

When my mother called me just now, I could hear her struggling with each breath. They have already put her on a heavy dose of morphine, so it's really the end...

Although we have always hoped she would beat it, we all knew it was a very long shot. Lung cancer is really tough to beat, especially since it would usually have spread beyond the lungs by the time it's diagnosed, which was her case as well. However, she has survived longer than we expected, and I hoped that those extra months were the best she ever had.

As much as I would like her to live longer, I hope she goes in peace, with no suffering or regrets, and with the knowledge that she made a real difference in our lives and will always be fondly remembered. :pray: :pray:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2010
  8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow, it's really sad she had to suffer for 2 long years...

9. Adrian Wong

Well, the good news is that she didn't really suffer too badly during these 2.5 years.

She was well enough after her chemo cycles to travel to England for a holiday, and she was quite well just last week.. albeit with some breathing difficulties and already on morphine.

It was a good fight she gave. Have to give her that. I just didn't expect her condition to deteriorate so quickly. I just saw her last week! :wall:

10. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Damn you inconsiderate smokers!! Sad to hear bout your aunt.

I still don't get it, they encourage people to stop smoking however car comes with an ashtray and a cig lighter, sigh!

Should take Spore an example, smoking is only at permitted area. In a restaurant in Spore, they will mark out small table far far away from everyone. Sitting there would be so weird . .

11. strawroot

strawroot I Lurrrve Panda Biscuit!

sigh. I hope your aunt can go in peace.

nowadays I try not going to hawker center for lunch, because most people will smoke so heavily I won't have the appetite to eat at all.

12. Adrian Wong

My aunt passed away this morning at 8 am. My mother and her eldest son was with her when she took her last breath.

As sad as we all are, it is fortunate that many of her family and friends were able to see her, and she was still able to acknowledge them and even say her goodbyes.

My brother booked a flight back today but it was too late. However, he managed to talk to her on the phone. She could not speak by then (too breathless) but she could hear and understand.

We were all hoping she would make it to this weekend when we could go back to visit her, but last night, I received word that she was deteriorating real fast. I managed to shoot her a message which my cousin read out to her. Fortunately, she was lucid enough to understand.

I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post it, but in memoriam of my aunt, I will just post it for the moment :

13. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

14. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Sorry to hear about that :cry:

15. Adrian Wong

Thanks, guys... But at least she went quite peacefully. She didn't suffer very long, or too much.

16. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Sorry to hear about that. Condolences.:cry:

17. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

It's always sad when someone around you leave. Sorry to hear the sad news.

18. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

My condolences ..

19. Adrian Wong

Thanks, guys... Really appreciate it.

Well, let's look on the positive side. She's no longer suffering.

My brother just sent me a bunch of pictures from over there. It looks like lots of people are celebrating her life. :thumb: :thumb:

20. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

Yes .. gone only by sight not memories .. cheers