wht's the latest movie u watched?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by u suck.com, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Lacus

Lacus Newbie

ah, went watch 2 movies at 1 shot on wednesday XD...Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 and Sherlock Holmes..Sherlock Holmes was not bad...kinda been a fan of Sherlock Holmes since i was a kid :D

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Just watched Saw IV and Saw V. Looks like two episodes of Saw, rather than two separate movies! :haha: :haha:

Pretty okay sequels for this franchise although there seems to be less emphasis on the diabolical methods Jigsaw used to teach his victims...

3. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

lol saws, stop after number 4

jsut saw avatar3d. above average imho

4. buikia

buikia Newbie

avatar 3D. gonna catch spy next door tmr and legion soon

5. lee_what2004

lee_what2004 Just Started

watched Old Dogs couple hours ago, quite hilarious :thumb:

6. Adrian Wong

I just watch Inglourious Basterds. :thumb: :thumb:

Pretty good movie IMHO. I watched it twice. :haha: :haha:

Christoph Waltz was absolutely spectacular as SS Colonel Hans Landa. He deserves an Oscar for his performance. :thumb: :thumb:

The scenes when Hans Landa interrogated Perrier LaPadite at the start, and Emmanuelle Mimieux/Shosanna Dreyfus in the restaurant were magnificent! Have to give Quentin Tarantino credit too, for writing the script for those two scenes. :thumb: :thumb:

However, the movie is really about Hans Landa and to a lesser degree, Emmanuelle Mimieux/Shosanna Dreyfus. The Inglourious Basterds themselves played a rather small role in this movie, even though the title may suggest otherwise.

I wished Quentin would have spent more time on the Inglourious Basterds themselves. As it is, their characters have very little depth, and they played only a secondary role in the whole movie.

Of course, the name Inglorious Basterds sounds much nicer than The Hans Landa Story, but that's what it really is all about.

Now, our esteemed ex-Prime Minister, Dr. Mahathir, will probably watch this movie and say that since the Jews were such ferocious fighters, there was NO WAY the Germans could have rounded them up and massacred them. In other words, the Holocaust never happened, and was probably staged by the same folks who made Avatar. :haha: :haha: :nuts:

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Pretty nice show! I just watched the Scanner Darkly. Quite an interesting movie. :thumb:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Just watched The Book of Eli. Literally OMG movie. It's a religious but violent movie. I didn't know what movie was it about before I went into the cinema.

I think the story is full of flaws. Nothing makes a lot of sense, really. A waste of Denzel's talent.

9. Adrian Wong

Darn.. I thought it would be a really good movie with Denzel in it. :wall:

I'm now waiting eagerly for Shutter Island, starring Leonardo DiCaprio. I heard it's a darn good movie! :thumb:

10. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

The Book Eli

haha yeah got to agree with Chai here,i really like the fight scenes. KFC any1 ? xD

11. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The fighting scene was good, but it's only the early part of the movie.

I think it's one of those love hate movies. I think Adrian will enjoy it. :haha:

12. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!!!! Why do you say that??? :haha:

BTW, I just watched "The Ugly Truth" and "Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs"

Both are really funny movies! Must watch! :thumb:

PS. Luckily I did not watch The Ugly Truth in the cinema. It would have been censored to the point of senselessness! :haha: :haha:

13. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

Watched 'Children of Men' on DVD. Quite good, great action sequences with an interesting filming approach. Would have been interesting if they stretched it out to a mini-series though, there are a lot of areas that could have been elaborated on. And with more time to develop the characters and plot, a viewer would feel the emotional involvement even more.

14. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Didn't manage to watch The Curious Case of Benjamin Button when it came out, waited and waited for good version to come out and totally forgotten about it. 2 years later, last week, struck me... eh... straightaway went to download.

All I can say is... WOW... worth the wait and a timeless piece... 9/10 :thumb:

Ninja Assassin was pretty good too... 8/10 :clap:

15. Adrian Wong

Just rewatched the Bourne trilogy. I must say that this is a pretty under-rated series. Great story. Superb direction. And Matt Damon was a great choice as Jason Bourne. :thumb: :thumb:

16. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I found the flow of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button to be very similar to Forrest Gump? I just couldn't finish this show despite many attempts, due to this reason alone.. Argg!

I like Ninja assassin. Rain's body was so lean! But I have a question, Does he know how to ninja around or not? Because he saved that move for the last, to kill his master. I suppose he's mastered it. if so, why didnt he use it to kill other ninjas, or in the earlier part of his PK against his sifu?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  17. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Hmmm... I watch Forest Gump once or twice... but didn't manage to finish it both times. But Benjamin Button, I can't stop. :thumb:

Haha... if Rain starting already showed that move... the movie would have ended in less than one hour. :mrgreen:

18. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

wahaha! true true..

quite frankly, his body is admirable!

19. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

Yeah, if only I had one like that... whoa... 2 years shorter also kam buan... :mrgreen:

20. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

The Time Traveler's Wife - 9/10 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A good change from those going back to change the past to change the future. Maybe we don't have to invent time travel, maybe it'll just come to us... :D Hmm... another perspective of looking at time, as a single line. You can't change it... :thumb: But if you can travel back and forth, whoa... imagine how much you can learn. :clap: