Scalar Energy Pendant. Are they a scam?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by ToyotaFreak, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

This is somewhat related to the Scalar Energy Pendant scam...

I would love to see any one of these advocates for scalar energy pendants demonstrate the power of their pendants on live television... Heck, the Mythbusters should bust this myth! :thumb:

2. Yith

Yith Newbie

Is there any other proof of radioactivity?

I actually ordered one of these from Amazon. I'd think they wouldn't accept products like that? Although I'm sure it's not impossible for things like that to get by.

I actually ordered one of these, and just received it.

I actually came upon it while looking to buy a negative ion generator. Mainly because they're proven to work with S.A.D. and I think that shows it may just have positive effects in general and help return indoor space, with computers and other electronic devices to something more natural, as in what it would be like outside.

Well I figured if a pendant could somehow generate negative ions that would be nice to wear...

So I googled a lot about it.. I did find the ridiculous youtube videos but I figured they were just over-hyping the effects.

I had my own reason to try one out so I ordered it.. I found this thread with the radioactivity later, lol.

I do notice mine is different from the picture slightly, it says

"Quantum Energy"
    "Japan and korea Technology"
    Then there is a window that shows through to an "authenticity" card. On the back of the card it says "OK Passed June 2008".

Well I have it now. I'm wondering if I should even try wearing it even for a full day. The radioactive thing just seems surreal though. I don't know if I can believe it just based off that one article.

Is there anything I should try with it? To attempt to prove/disprove?

Edit: I shit you not I am able to lift my computer chair higher with the pendant on than the pendant off. I lift as hard as I can, more outward and I can lift it about a foot higher.

Maybe the placebo effect in action?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Note that amazon is a selling portal as well. It is not sold by amazon but by other people.

You can't prove it by lifting a chair only. You have do run a series of statistical test.

You need hundreds of data/runs and the operator must not know if they are wearing the real pendant or not.

4. Yith

Yith Newbie

Yea I'm not claiming anything yet, but it's just bizarre that it was as clear cut as it was. It was only about a foot, maybe a little less but consistent. I have work soon, maybe I'll bring it there as I lift things a lot, but I'll have to figure out some other tests.

I'm starting to believe it has to do with negative ions if real.

5. zy

Placebo :cool:

When i'm in a good mood, I lift things better. When I'm cranky, I cant lift things as high too ;)

6. Adrian Wong

Well, if you have a Geiger counter handy, you can always check your pendant for radioactivity... Or if you have any undeveloped photographic film, you can place it near the pendant. If the pictures develop okay, then there's no radioactivity in your pendant, but if it's all white-out, then it's leaking lots of radiation.

The radioactivity of such pendants are a result of using contaminated materials in their manufacture. No one intentionally makes their pendants radioactive, unless they have a death wish! :)

So I won't be surprised if at least some of the pendants being peddled online are radioactive... It's not like their sellers even know they are radioactive, and besides, would they really care?

Negative ion generator? That's just a fancy name for an ionizer! :)

You will need some source of energy to generate the high voltage necessary to ionize air. So these pendants will not be able to produce ionized air.

zy is right. If you really want to test the effect of these pendants and rule out the placebo effect, then you will need to produce two different sets of pendants. They have to look the same and feel the same. One will have this unquantifiable "quantum energy" while the other one is just a plain pendant.

Then you have to get a sizable group of people, randomly assign them either a quantum energy pendant or a placebo pendant, assess their superhuman capabilities (or lack thereof) before you can come to any conclusion.

7. thesource

thesource Newbie

I tried one of these and liked the result, whether placebo or not, I feel better when I use it, more energized.

8. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. What do you mean by more energized?

Is it like the buzz you get from drinking coffee? Or are you like physically stronger? And will you suddenly get weaker if someone snatches the pendant from you? :think:

9. Adrian Wong

Seriously... can no one with a scalar energy pendant prove with any certainty that the pendant imparts some kind of super strength or super power to the wearer?

If anyone can prove it actually works, we can market this to the militaries of the world. Think of how much money we can make!!! :drool:

10. bravado..bravado!!! Nice arguments guys by the looks of it no ones winning both equal,the surprising part is it has been a long talk and no ones proving it with basis and no ones disproving it with basis either, guess were all just talk aint it?I haven't seen this products or the effects of it gotta research more of it.All i see is believer's non believer's a like standing their grounds,this is actually healthy.Just a ding dong to us have you considered Galileo Galilei was in fact considered mentally unstable when he said the sun was the center of our galaxy during his time? and it took us ages or centuries to know the real truth.Really we need skeptics and believers,without skeptics there will be no point on proving something and without believers there will be no skeptics but who knows they might prove this or they might run for their money.i guess i have to wait and see...

11. zy

Well, at that time, people believedsun orbits the earth. They BELIEVED only, they do no have anything to back it up except they feel it that way. Galileo used observation to prove that earth revolves around the sun.

The problem is, this pendants have been popping up without proper references to back it up. I have search through scientific journal papers and nothing comes up about this pendants. Absolutely NOTHING.

Its the same as talking a piece of cow dunk and say it has magical powers.

12. Adrian Wong

Funny, I would think that the lack of evidence that these pendants work at all is evidence enough that these pendants don't work! :think:

After 8 pages of comments from what are obviously pendant sellers, no one has responded to our offers to test their products for ourselves. Seriously... do you guys stand by your products or NOT? :think:

If you truly believe in your product, send us these scalar energy pendants and we would be more than happy to review them. We promise to put them to the test in fair, double-blinded trials so the truth can be exposed and all doubts laid to rest.

Any takers? Anyone?

13. Adrian Wong

HAHAHAHA!!! I just figured out why so many scalar energy pendant sellers have been trolling this thread.

If you go and google "Scalar Energy Pendants", this thread comes out right at the TOP! This thread is now the top link for people looking to find out more about these scalar energy pendants.

I'll bet the pendant sellers are quite peeved at this unfortunate development. :haha: :haha:

I suggest we try our best to keep this link right at the top by asking everyone who believes that scalar energy pendants are a scam to post a link to this thread in your blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Spread the word!!!

PS. We are in the second page for "Scalar energy" searches, so we need more links to move it right to the top for "Scalar Energy" searches!!!

14. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Finally the SEO has some use! :haha:

15. zy

in Google you are no. 20 for "scalar energy" for me.

16. Yith

Yith Newbie

I'll send you mine if you'll send it back.. I'm in Pennsylvania.. where are you located?

Checking for radiation would be a good test too.

17. zy

Malaysia :cool:

18. Adrian Wong

But zy's in the US. I think he would love to test it too. :D

How much did you pay for yours, Yith?

19. Adrian Wong

We need to have it right at the top... at least above all those sites selling these pendants. :twisted:

20. zy

I would love to, but i don't think i have many subjects/people to test on. Everyone's going back in the summer.