Tech ARP Server Migration

Discussion in 'News' started by Adrian Wong, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Tech ARP will be moving to a new server at around 8 am in the morning (KL Time), or 8 pm Pacific Time.

There will be some downtime, but we hope to get everything up and running within the hour.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused!

2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

again? :eh:

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The migration is completed, I think. Testing in progress!

4. peaz

peaz ARP Webmaster Staff Member

Yup looks like all the sites are working :D

5. Adrian Wong

Thanks to peaz and Chai, the server migration proceeded very smoothly! Phew! :beer: :beer:

We actually planned a Saturday morning migration so we would have the whole weekend to work through any problems. Fortunately, we didn't need any extra time! :thumb: :thumb:

6. ChampionLLY

ChampionLLY News Writer

faster and betteR?

7. Adrian Wong

Same specs, but more reliable. :thumb:

8. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. The new server has a newer and faster RAID controller with 128MB of onboard RAM. :thumb:

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

which hosting company?

10. Adrian Wong

ServerBeach

11. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

any major downtime in the past years?

12. Adrian Wong

We just migrated to ServerBeach a few months ago, so I can't really tell you about downtime. But so far, everything seems peachy.

The ping time is actually better than it was with the Planet. And server performance aside, I do feel that they are faster than the Planet.

If there's anything I want to complain, it's the lack of setup options when you want to requisition a server. You cannot get them to customize partitions for you. If you want to repartition your hard disk drives, you have to install something like Partition Magic and do it yourself.