How to set a proxy for private websurfing

Discussion in 'Internet & Networking' started by MSwhip, Sep 6, 2010.

1. MSwhip

MSwhip Newbie

I would like to ask the community how to access the web from a chat program which is installed on the computer. Does anyone know how to set things up to make this happen? I have several different proxy addresses i could dynamically change daily. I have tried some but im not knowledgeable and havent been able to make proxy work for me.
    Computer runs on Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit and I use Firefox 3.6.4 as my browser.
    I would appreciate any suggestion from either knowledgeable persons, or someone that has made it work on their computer.

Thank you kindly

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Chat program as in mIRC? Or are you talking about surfing anonymously using Firefox?

3. MSwhip

MSwhip Newbie

Details about my need to set a proxy to surf the web

thank you Mr Andrew Wong for responding;

I did not know what mIRC meant, so i 'googled' it...and yes it sounds like if the ones I want to visit and use are similarly designed as the mIRC ... their addresses from where i have downloaded and installed on to my own computer what they call "Client/Server" so I could then access the program from my computer (hopefully via a proxy) are:

<Addresses removed - suspected spam>

Maybe if you are kind enough to take a peek on those addresses you would understand what it is im faced with.

Thank you kindly for your interest and goodwill in helping me.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
  4. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

If you want to use a proxy to access those web-based chat clients, then do this in Firefox :

1. Go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Network
    2. Click on Settings
    3. Select Manual proxy configuration and enter the details of your proxy server.
    4. Click OK and have fun!