Radar/Laser Detectors

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Trinity, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I did a bit of driving over the last weekend (labor day) here.:)

And I have to say I have never seen such heavy traffic inforcement.:nuts: Thank goodness for my little radar detector.:)

There were like 5 speed traps each way in two days and I got lasered for the first time too!!!:mad: Was not really speeding but I sure love the advanced warning!:pray: :pray: :pray: :lol:

Now I want one of these, https://store.valentine1.com/home.asp :think: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Anyone else here use one? Here is mine.:hug: :hug: :hug:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  2. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

I should get one. Not that I speed though (just that you sometimes don't realize how fast you're going). I kinda live out in the sticks and at times there are like 3-4 speed traps on my way home... :boohoo:

I heard V1s are really good.

3. Trinity

Yeah, And with your ride... It is mandatory! :lol: :mrgreen:

Lots of YouTube's out there about it.:)

4. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That's the biggest damn liar I've ever heard from anyone, especially from an S4 owner. :liar: :haha:

1 person likes this.
  5. Trinity

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I was just reading about how some cities and townships have cranked up speed traps as a way to reduce their budget deficits.

Apparently, quite a number of "bears" are hiding themselves at strategic points on country roads to catch unsuspecting drivers. The point, I believe, is that these country roads have low speed limits and drivers are more likely to forget about those speed limits than if they are on highways and main roads.

BTW, I know it isn't illegal to own a radar/laser detector, but I've heard that cops are more likely to write you a ticket if they catch you with one on the dashboard. Of course, if their main purpose is to earn the town/city a little cash, then it wouldn't matter one bit. :D

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Whoa! I didn't know they had to place a lot of those speed traps in America too! :shock:

8. Adrian Wong

It's a good way for local governments to "improve" their finances. :)

But the US isn't the only place doing this. Our own government is beefing up speed traps and police/JPJ checkpoints to check for expired road taxes and offenses like not wearing rear seatbelts, etc. It's all about the money. ;)

9. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

LMAO! Damn... Totally burned myself... LOL! I can't say very much to that... :oops:

A lot of the roads here have fairly high speed limits. Back in Kansas, the roads in the sticks usually have 50mph limits. It's 45MPH where I live (and people do the usual 50mph :p ). There are some stretches of 35mph roads (that people keep zipping by at 50mph). It's these roads that cops love staking out.

10. Trinity

11. Adrian Wong

Say, just how effective are these detectors? Isn't it too late to slam on the brakes the second they turn it on your car?

I don't doubt radar is detectable. I'm just wondering if detecting laser speed traps will do any good... :think:

12. Trinity

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010