Igor Siwanowicz - macro photography

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Papercut, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Papercut

Papercut Newbie

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

WOW! How does he get such amazing colour? Post-processing???

3. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

That's pretty nice close-up view! :D

4. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

LOTS of post processing! Thanks for sharing! :thumb:

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Looks good. Not much post processing is required. Just use a more saturated color profile will do.

6. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

The foundation and skill behind these shots is indeed breathtaking. I guess you can call me a purist in that my criticism was referring to the false colour palette and use of chopping in things like christmas ornaments hanging from an insects tail. IMO, nature's inherent colours and animal designs are brilliant enough and a good photo does not need man's interperetive paint brush. It is for this reason that I despise most if not all Hubble space photos because of the use of false colours. The ordinary person and most beginning stargazers that have seen hubble pics have been "tricked" into thinking that star fields and nebulae are this washed out green, blue with purple stars. :wall:

*gets off of soap box*

7. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

I believe the person also used flash right? :think:

8. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Yup, I hate false color as well. Most of my pics have little post processing.

9. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I think his shots are more like works of art than straightforward photography. His interpretation of nature, I guess. But art aside, I prefer my shots (and women) au naturel. :mrgreen:

10. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

LOL! Amen Brother! :thumb: