Upgrading headlight bulbs to Philips Xtreme Power

Discussion in 'Chai' started by Chai, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

That is a valid consideration too.

But for me, high performance is my priority. It doesn't have to be related to driving beyond speed limit or beyond the limit of the car.

Just like these light bulbs. It is true that most of the city streets are brightly lit, but when you travel long distance, you will appreciate having powerful light bulbs in front of your car. You will never know when you need it. It is not really that expensive, and I don't replace it very often (3 years once or longer). You can also avoid unforseen incidents with longer light beam, so that you have more time to respond.

Same goes for high performance tyres, and brake pads. They do not make your car go any faster, but when you are in an emergency, these things can save lifes.

Money can't buy lifes? Think again... :mrgreen:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I'm not sure how much further these high-performance bulbs can throw their beams, but the new Philips bulbs I'm using make a big difference. That and cleaning up the faded muck on my headlamps. Now, I'm actually seeing things on the road beyond 10 meters!

3. jay cee

jay cee Newbie

yes after recently getting an Acura RDX I am now a huge fan of the HID lamps. night driving is more enjoyable even in the city

4. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Yeah, HID is pretty nice. I sat in my friend's s2000, freaking nice light output at night.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

HID is in a different league. :mrgreen:

6. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I love the HID lamps on my Sonata YF... :thumb: