iPad 2 is out!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Some of the key changes including front and back camera, thinner, lighter, A5 dual core 1GHz CPU.

There's no resolution bump for the screen...

2. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

ipad 1 had 1GHz ? but not dual core ?

3. mikegas

mikegas Newbie

I want ... when coming to Msia?

4. Chai

Yup, single core A4.

When did iPad officially arrive in Msia last year? I guess it won't be that far off the date, unfortunately.

5. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Malaysia is not in the list of the first 25 countries to get it.

IMHO, the changes are minimal if you already have the original iPad. Not worth upgrading to iPad 2.

But if you didn't buy the first iPad, you have a choice. If you have the budget, go for iPad 2. If you are low on cash, then go for the original iPad. Apple is selling it at a huge discount!

6. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

they can`t do much drastic improvement on it or new features. what could they do beside better chips n ram.

7. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

It's Steve Jobs yo, if they give you the best in line features, who will buy iPad 3?

Probably iPad 3 will come with the resolution bump, then iPad 4 will come with processor bump and then when it's no longer saleable, Steve will come out with iTablet and perhaps iDesk :p

8. frozenfire

frozenfire Newbie

we could always take it in from singapore :D . Like how they did with Ipad on the early days.

9. Adrian Wong

Well, to be honest, I expected at least a bump in system memory from the ridiculously small 256 MB to at least 512 MB. Seriously, the cost of that upgrade is minimal. Unfortunately, all signs seem to point to the fact the iPad 2 still has just 256 MB of RAM.

Functionally, the faster processor will make the iPad slightly smoother, but the original iPad itself is pretty smooth. So it's not really a significant upgrade IMHO... not until they come up with games that will really tax the single-core A4 processor in the original iPad.

So, I'm definitely skipping this one. In fact, I may take opportunity of the price drop to grab an original iPad for my parents.

10. Adrian Wong

Well, it's not coming to Singapore anytime soon. Here's the list of countries where the iPad 2 will be available first :

US
    UK
    Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Canada
    Czech Republic
    Denmark
    France
    Finland
    Greece
    Ireland
    Germany
    Iceland
    Japan
    Mexico
    Hungary
    Luxembourg
    Portugal
    Netherlands
    Poland
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Sweden
    Spain
    Switzerland

11. Chai

Well, testers seem to claimed that iPad 2 is significantly faster. But I don't really see the point.

12. Adrian Wong

Sure, it has to be significantly faster if you compare it to the original iPad. But no one complained when they tried the iPad. Neither did I. It was fast enough as long as we do not compare it with the faster iPad 2.

The question then would be - is the extra speed necessary? I think not, at least not for the moment. So far, the original iPad does not have any problem running any of the games available out there.

13. belikethat

belikethat Just Started

ok i don`t see singapore:thumb:

14. Adrian Wong

Yeah, it won't be available in Singapore, not in the first round.

15. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it's Apple yo!

if samsung can squeeze a ball out of you, Apple can squeeze two. and then they will tell the world your balls means nothing to them.

best of all, fanboi will take it like a real man.

16. Adrian Wong

ROTFL!! :haha: :haha: