The Perpetual F1 Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 19, 2003.

1. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

well to me not yet or wont be

so far his win comes from pole position not head to head fight

i still rate alonso and hamilton the 2 best drive on grid

2. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Rosberg would have been one of the top if not for the car, IMO.

3. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

anyone going for sepang's race?

4. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Guys, is there HD broadcast with Astro Beyond ?

5. Chai

No more sports channel here. Most likely watching the race on my PC... :haha:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

watch BBC don't watch astro. that donald duck guy is awful. he's been commentating for years and still he can't tell who is who and what's the weather like.

how the hell did he manage to keep his job!???

7. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

For someone with Unify, it's not an issue, just need a reliable source, haha.

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

exciting last 10 laps..hehe most bizarre is petrov the flying russian losing his steering badly lol

alonso vs hamilton not as fun..too bad

9. Chai

Wow... that broken steering column reminded me of the tragic Senna accident, he was extremely lucky the track was wide, and there's no car around at that time.

10. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

petrov must be wtf have happen..lol really bizarre

alonso and hamilton each get 20sec penalty..alonso for hitting hamilton and hamilton for changing direction more than once during defending

to me penalty like this is stupid..ok hamilton break the rule but its just so stupid can only defend once..whats the point of racing anyway with rules like that

and alonso hitting hamilton just racing incident even that they wana give penalty..really load of bullshit the stewards

11. Chai

WTH was that for??? Seriously pure racing incident.

12. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Alonso blew it, what a waste

13. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

yea..its just ridiculous decision to give penalty..a proper good race end up spoiled by the stewards again

just let them race..its racing..contact is part of racing

old shoe beating his teammate..thats good but nobody cheer for him :mrgreen:

14. Chai

Yeah, MSC beat Nico fair and square this time, something we don't see very often.

15. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

What a race! Gotta love close fights...back to the last 2 laps.

16. Chai

I forgot about the race, and I only saw the last lap! :faint:

17. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

With DRS, we are going to see more of such overtaking soon, but I still feel DRS is a little artificial.

They should have designed rear wings that will greatly aid cars in the slipstream.

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

drs make overtaking little easy..not too convince anyway but at least some action on track rather than a train race

19. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

DRS? I had to google it up. Drag reduction system eh, I had this idea for cars before.

Well, To me it doesn't seem artificial. It is merely adjusting reducing drag/downforce. Think of those porsche or buggati with the pop-up wing. It increases the downforce as the car increases the speed. But downforce=drag as well.

20. Chai

The problem with F1 cars are they slipstream too well, that is why they have no grip during the corners before the overtaking. So unless they remove rear wings altogether, there's no hope for improved overtaking. They have reduced the wing size all these years and it didn't do a thing.

What DRS do is to reduce the "speed limit" caused by the rear wing drag so they have more top speed. DRS will only work on tracks which requires a lot of downforce and long straights. I doubt they will improve overtaking at Monza for example.