fake egg

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PowerSlide, Apr 8, 2011.

1. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yeah, the trend is really scary. I hope they don't make fake people, or more fake cars (which I believe they have) afterwards... :faint:

2. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Yeah, I remember something about the Chinese making fake copies of some cars.

3. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

They are immitation cars, but those are far too complex to fool us.

4. Adrian Wong

Hmm.. I think I remember reading something about the Chinese military making copies of the Intel Pentium CPUs for their own use. I hope they didn't copy the bug as well! Otherwise, their missiles might miss their targets or something... :haha: :haha:

5. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

how bout fake body parts, anyone can change their face to maybe err andy lau :haha:

6. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

it's not fake egg and I feel bad for the business owner :(

can't believe the professionalism in news reporting has gone down so much! Simply pick up a pasar pagi talk and publish it as though it was fact. argg!!

7. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Yeah, that infamous FDIV bug! :haha:

8. Adrian Wong

Actually, I think it was the Consumer Association of Penang (CAP)'s fault. They went to the press with the story about the fake eggs without doing proper tests first. In the US, that would be more than enough for the egg sellers to sue CAP for defamation.

9. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

wasn't it the lady who went to the press first?

10. Adrian Wong

No, she went to the CAP office to complain and after they tested the eggs, they declared them to be fake eggs and called a press conference...

11. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

12. Adrian Wong

Wow.. That is just sick, man... I mean pork is taboo to Muslims... and China has millions of Muslims, whom I'm sure will not appreciate being fooled into eating pork. :roll:

13. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

that is a small problem comparing to some who consume it everyday/often :naughty:

14. Adrian Wong

Yeah, it's definitely bad for health if you consume it everyday. :hand:

15. Adrian Wong

BTW, for those who are wondering how the heck did the Consumer Association of Penang (CAP) screw this one up so royally, here's a very interesting write-up by the famous R. Nadeswaran of the Sun :

My parents used to subscribe to CAP's newsletters but although I admired their earlier efforts, they eventually went into "Chicken Little" territory and I stopped reading them. Look at this fake egg incident.

Without even doing any proper tests, they came out with guns blazing and caused those egg traders to lose business over a single allegation. What kind of consumer association is that???