The Perpetual F1 Thread!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Chai, Apr 19, 2003.

1. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Taking away the rear wings means we will be heading back to the old days lol.

Maybe bringing in refuelling will be just nice?

2. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

i miss refuellling, its always part of the spectacle..add to the dangerness of it lol

refuelling plus tyre that degrade so much this year will be alot fun

3. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Oh, there's no more refueling? :whistle:

I haven't been following F1. :whistle:

4. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

I dunno what's wrong with Petrov but he seems to carry this "the world owe him money" attitude around.

he has been rude in front of the camera from time to time and the recent incident has shown that this guy thinks of himself very highly.

"I know some tricks around this track" Ha! yeah your trick is to go full throttle when you goes off the track.

5. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

The reason why they remove refueling is to increase on track overtaking. Many are overtaking in the pit lane during those days. It doesn't bring any excitement. Before 1994, there's no refueling too.

6. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Haha, Chai you seemed to be following F1 for years alread ! I remembered I first watched F1 in 1997.

But with the new rules, I think it wouldn't be so easy to overtake in the pit?

7. Chai

My first race was actually Italy 1999, but I watched a lot of past races and documentaries, so I know a bit of the history.

Yeah, maybe with the new rules, especially with the fast wearing Pirelli tyres, they come in for the pits not for refueling, but to change tyres.

8. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

At first, refuelling was banned, and they said that the rush for refuelling caused drivers to be released when the hose are not completely removed.

Now with refuelling banned, we have tyres that fly out of the cars because of the 3-4 second pit stops LOL.

Maybe they should make a mandatory 15 second stop for every driver, so that they can really ensure everything is secured.

9. Chai

That's not a bad idea, but it will remove the element of winning and losing from pits.

10. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Hmm.. Actually, I think pit stops offer an extra element of uncertainty and excitement to the race. It also shifts a little of the emphasis from the driver and car to the pit crew.

11. Chai

There are still pit stops, just tyre change without refueling.

Some hardcore fans want to see all the action on the race track as that's what racing is all about.

12. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

for ferrari fans only :mrgreen:

13. karhoe

karhoe Newbie

Hopefully this will be turnaround point, hope Ferrari, Mercedes, Renault and Mclaren all slash points away from RBR :p

14. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

very hard wana beat RBR..last sunday they are defeated because of strategy rather than mclaren have a faster car

if they get kers to work properly and of course they will do some upgrade as well a very hard team to beat

15. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

I know but they are missing half the pit stop fun without refueling! ;)

People rarely forget drivers who take off with the fuel pump trailing behind... :haha: :haha:

16. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

once again vettel and redbull dominate qualifying for turkish gp..boring race ahead today? :snooty:

1. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m25.049s
    2. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m25.454s + 0.405
    3. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m25.574s + 0.525
    4. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m25.595s + 0.546
    5. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m25.851s + 0.802
    6. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m25.982s + 0.933
    7. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m26.296s + 1.247
    8. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1m26.646s + 1.597
    9. Nick Heidfeld Renault 1m26.659s + 1.610
    10. Felipe Massa Ferrari No time

17. ZuePhok

ZuePhok Just Started

2011's tyre so PMS. qualifying result doesn't mean alot as compared to last year's races.

18. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

It's possible that next year Istanbul will be out of F1 due to the fact that Ecclestone doubled the fee for hosting the race (from 13 mil. USD to 26 mil. USD).

19. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Just Started

qualifying not so important not a bad thing so drivers will fight it out but it create another problem..tyre dont last and so few sets sometimes the race feels like taking care tyre than actual racing

20. Chai

Looks like MS epic fail again in qualifying... His practice time was far better than his qualifying effort.

Qualifying shows the true pace of the car, but not the long term race performance.