Ishtim, please let us know you're ok!!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PsYkHoTiK, Apr 29, 2011.

1. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Huntsville, AL Tornado Rips Through County; Curfew Now In Effect (VIDEO)

Andrew, I hope you got some cover and everyone is ok there. Please let your TechARP family know you're ok! :pray: :pray: :pray:

Trin, do you have any of his contact numbers or anything?

And for those who have never been in a midwest storm cell, monsoons don't hold a candle to how scary these are. I've lived in the midwest half of my life (all of my US years previously) prior to moving out to the west coast and have had countless warnings and sirens go off. When shelf clouds close in (the storm cell) that covers the horizon, the sky turns green, hail starts falling, and you see funnel clouds, you will sh*t your pants.

For those that don't know, last night a 300 mile wide storm cell swept through the south eastern part of the US. Multiple tornados touched down and there is like 200+ dead and counting. I know at least in Alabama, the National Guard has been deployed.
    Storms: Violent storms hammer Alabama, Southern states - latimes.com

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  2. zy

zy zynine.com Staff Member

Yeah, there's even a tornado watch issued for Buffalo last night, and it is really windy here today.

Ishtim is in Huntsville? :pray: :pray: :pray:

3. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Yup, I believe he lives there and I know he has a family owned business there as well (Salon with his wife).

4. Trinity

Trinity Little Kiki Staff Member

I hope he is OK!:pray:

5. The_YongGrand

The_YongGrand Just Started

Hope everyone's ok there! :pray:

6. jamotto

jamotto Newbie

He may not be able to get on line for a bit as power is out in most of the area.

I hope he is ok. :pray:

7. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Woah!! Heard about the super cell rampaging through Alabama but didn't know it hit Huntsville! :shock: :shock:

Damn.. It looks pretty bad. Hang in there, Ishtim and family!!! Hang in there, Alabamians!! :(

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  8. Falcone

Falcone Official Mascot Creator

9. Trinity

It's been days!:think: (trin worried)

10. DarKSeeD

DarKSeeD BOG Translator

Maybe the connections are still down after the tornado...I've done a trace to an IP address from that area and I've got only timed out responses.
    What is his full name?

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  11. zy

I saw this on facebook:
    Salon Allure Huntsville
    Salon Allure will reopen when Huntsville has electricity. Please be safe, you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Yesterday at 9:43am

Salon Allure Huntsville | Facebook

12. The_YongGrand

Let's pray for the safety of Ishtim, family, and the Salon. :pray: Hope they will be all well too.

13. Dashken

Dashken Administrator!

14. Ishtim

Ishtim Super Moderator

Thanks ARP family! :hug:

We are OK... Been without power since last Wednesday evening when all this started. Power back on at home now but not at work. There are a lot of families less fortunate though, so we have been volunteering help to neighbors and the community with chain saws, 4x4 trucks etc. It is a really odd feeling to be without the things we have everyday, A/C, refrigerators, available petrol, lights, etc... We are so lucky. The scary part is that the month of May is usually the worst for tornadoes. :doh:

15. zy

:hug:

16. Trinity

WooHoo!!!!!:dance:

17. PsYkHoTiK

PsYkHoTiK Admin nerd

Glad to hear you guys are ok!!! :beer: :beer: :beer: Phew! :pray: Your community certainly is very lucky to have you guys! :beer: :beer: :beer: Let us know if you guys/community needs help with donations of any sort! :angel:

18. The_YongGrand

Thankfully you are okay and doing well.

Keep us updated too. :hug:

19. Adrian Wong

Adrian Wong Da Boss Staff Member

Phew!! Glad to see that you and your family are okay, Ishtim!! :hug: :hug:

I really hope the worst is over. The weather has changed so much recently (even over here in Malaysia) that May may end up much milder than expected. :pray: :pray:

20. Chai

Chai Administrator Staff Member

Wow...I saw the news in TV when I was in NZ, the first thing in my mind was Ishtim, and thankfully your family are ok...